Chapter eighteen

- the next day -

I was sitting by the pool area of the hotel with all the girls. We talked about various subjects for hours.

Juvia: "And that's the story of why Juvia doesn't trust old ladies anymore."

She says as she finishes telling her story.

Erza: "I see..."

Lucy: "Poor Juvia..."

Wendy: "Wow...I never knew old ladies could be that mean."

Milliana: "Same..."

Carla: "That old lady was rude, uneducated and selfish."

Kagura: "Agreed."

Yukino:  "Mhm.."

Feeling like lightening everyone's mood I attempt to change the subject to something more fun.

Lucy: "So.....how has everyone felt having the three guilds mixed up like this for a short vacation?"

Yukino: "I love it!"

She yells.

Wendy: "Me too!"

Erza: "It's quite relaxing."

Erza states with a smile.

Kagura: "It is indeed."

Kagura agrees as she lays back on her pool chair.

Milliana: "It's amazing I get to play with all the dragon slayer's kitties!"

Milliana shouts excitedly as she pets Carla.

Carla: "We're exceeds not cats."

Carla corrects Milliana while moving away, avoiding anymore petting.

Juvia: "Juvia is enjoying it very much although she wishes she could spend more time with Gray-sama."

Juvia says in a low tone, showing some sadness.

Lucy: "But he's on the vacation too so why can't you spend time with him?"

I asked curiously as I looked at her.

Juvia: "Gray-sama told Juvia he had man things to do with the other guys so Juvia can't be there with him right now."

Juvia explains to me in a sincere tone.

Lucy: "He's just hanging with the guys for a bit, don't be worried Juvia. You still have time to be with him."

I giggle while patting her back to comfort her.

Juvia: "Arigato Lucy! Juvia is glad that you helped cheer her up!"

She perks up with a sparkle of hope in her eye. I really do hope Natsu's plan works, Juvia has been in love with Gray for so long. He should give her a straight answer already.