Chapter twenty-two

Mirajane Strauss

Mirajane: "Freed has Levy returned from her job yet?"

I asked the green haired man as I slowly walk by.

Freed: "Not yet I believe."

He answers my question, only causing a smile to form on my lips. I knew now  what I was going to do and there was nothing holding me back.

Mirajane: "Alrighty then, thanks."

I reply while grabbing my coat and a picture of levy that was on the wall of all the fairy tail guild members. Walking out of the guild I make my way towards Lucy's apartment, ready to do what I do best.

Before I was close enough to her home I go into a dark alley way and pull out Levy's photo from my coat. Observing her details well I begin to use transformation magic. Perfectly turning my appearance into Levy's I smile to myself, knowing my plan was now going to work. When I get to her apartment door I began to knock. Soon enough it opened revealing what looked like a healthy Lucy.

Lucy: "Who is-..? LEVY!"

Lucy cut her first question short, replacing it with a squeal. I covered my ears with my hands as I gave her a small smile. She then glomped me, causing me to fall on the ground.

(For those of you who may not know what a glomp is, it's a tackle hug. Just saying...\(^∇^)/ )

Giggling and dusting ourselves off we then go inside. She doesn't look sick. I thought as I walked into the living room. I sat next to her on her couch and began to speak.

Mirajane: "Lu-chan how've you been lately?"

I ask sweetly as I say the nickname Levy gave her. Trying my best to not blow my cover I scooch closer to Lucy, knowing that's something her best friend would do.

Lucy: "Meh, I'm okay I guess."

Lucy's voice rang with lies. It was obvious she wasn't doing well but what could the problem be?

Mirajane: "Something wrong?"

Lucy: "Everything is wrong..."

She says lowly as she looks down and hugs her knees. I gently place my hand on her back and rub it slowly in attempt to comforting her.

Mirajane: "What happened?"

I question in a caring tone. This was my moment to get every detail I needed, Lucy was at a weak point right now and I had to use it to my advantage. Soon enough she began to confess everything to me.

My excitement and confusion ended with time as I began to understand everything. The emotion I was feeling now was disappointment. Disappointment because they both lied and because they weren't together. I actually believed my ship had finally became official but I guess I was wrong.

Mirajane: "Lu-chan...don't cry. Everything will be alright."

I comfort her while patting her head. In return she glances up at me with a lost puppy look. Her puffy red eyes covered in a glossy layer because of all the tears she's been shedding.