Chapter twenty-three

Lucy's P.O.V.

Fluttering my eyes open I release a small yawn from my lips. Sitting up on the bed and rubbing my eyes I then gaze around my room. My sight soon falls onto a pink haired figure in my kitchen. Getting up from my bed I get ready to yell at him, feeling annoyed that he disobeyed my orders.

Lucy: "Didn't I tell you to not-...!?"

Natsu: "You're awake? That's good... I thought I had to rush back to the store and get you more medicine."

Natsu cuts me off while speaking in a caring tone as he sets two bowls of oatmeal on the dining table. I simply began to walk towards him, wondering if he's been taking care of me this whole time.

Lucy: "Uh..."

Natsu: "Come, breakfast is served."

Lucy: "Did you make all of this?"

I ask in 'awe' as I stare at all the food. Taking a seat I focus my gaze back on Natsu.

Natsu: "Yeah and it actually tastes good!"

Lucy: "Mmm, you're right. It does taste good."

I praise his cooking after digging in.

Natsu: "I told you I had skills. I'd make a fine husband."

Lucy: "Sureeee, you would. I feel bad for the girl that gets married to you."

I said the first part with sarcasm clearly showing in my tone. A small laugh escaped my lips as I took a sip of orange juice, choking a bit on it.

Natsu: "You'd feel bad for yourself?"

Lucy: "Huh?"

Natsu: "I mean if the time comes and we're still single, we might as well just get married to each other."

Lucy: "..."

Silence...that was the only answer I could give to his comment. I was shocked, supprised, confused. I didn't understand what was going on. He was simply confusing me more then I already was.

Natsu: "Best friends can live a happy life together so I think we'll be alright. So what you say about that?"

Lucy: "Did I pass my fever to you?"

Natsu: "Nani?"

Lucy: "How can you say such a thing? If I get married it's because I love that person not because I didn't have any other option."

I state while giving him a confused expression. His intentions weren't clear before and they still weren't now. It was as if I take a step forward into the light only to be pushed 4 steps back into the confusing dark.

Natsu: "So what you're saying is that you couldn't love someone like me?"

Lucy: "That's not what I meant I-..."

I felt bad and tried to explain what I really meant. I could love him as a mater of fact I think I loved him right now but...I'm simply confused of his intentions. Right now I didn't understand all that was happening at the moment.

Did he really mean it? Did he want to marry me in the future? Was he really hurt? How could I tell anymore when I knew he was hiding secrets from me.

Natsu: "Well if that's how you feel then I think you should know the feeling is mutual."

Lucy: "Natsu..."