Chapter twenty-five

Lissana's P.O.V.

Some time has passed and the effects of the dragon mating season was catching on to Natsu. I have been taking care of him for awhile now and see no progress of him getting better. He explained his situation and to be honest I first did not believe him but with time I noticed it was true. His words hid no lies.

Natsu: "Oi, Lis do you want to go get some truffles?"

He asked in a weak tone as he smiled to cover up how he really felt. That was Natsu Dragneel for you... He'd smile even if he were dying...

Lissana: "You can't move Natsu, stay still."

Natsu: "But-..."

Lissana: "No buts. Now lay down and get some rest."

I cut him off while forcing him to sit back down on his bed. He groans in annoyance.

Natsu: "Im not tired..."

Lissana: "You have a fever, I'm gonna get some ice."

I turn my back on him and walk away to grab an ice pack. When I return I find him sound asleep. A small smile forms on my lips at the sight of this.

Natsu: "Zzz."

Lissana: "Poor Natsu..."

I should go get those truffles he wanted before he wakes up and gets them himself. I thought to myself as I watched the pink haired dragon slayer. Standing up I was ready to turn on my heel and head off when I then felt something grab onto my hand.

Natsu: "Don't go..."

Lissana: "Natsu..."

I say under my breathe while worrying about him. A light shade of red was clearly painted on my face by now. I was embarrassed, thinking that Natsu wanted me...no, needed me made my heart skip a few beats.

Natsu: "Lucy..."

Why...why did you have to fall for her..? There were better options for you...but you chose... her. Natsu.. I quietly thought to myself as I watched a tear roll down his face. Even in his dreams she'd appear. There was no room for me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu's P.O.V.

My body hurts, but even though I feel like I am drowning, my senses are still going on. Cold, the air is freezing. I was in a dark room, sure you could see but there was not enough light for anything to be seen clearly. Standing up in the middle of this dark room I scratched my head as I observed the little I could see. Darkness...it seemed infinite by now.

Natsu: "Where am I?"

I questioned myself as I turned around to find any sign of an exit but nothing was there. Walking towards no where I tried to find an escape route but had no luck. Suddenly a faint light could be seen from a distance.

Huh? What is that? Might be my way out. I thought to myself as I continued my steps now towards it but it seemed pointless. Hours had passed by now and I walked, ran and dashed towards the light but with every step I took forward it felt like I took a hundred steps back.