Chapter twenty-eight

A knock from the door grabbed both Natsu's and my attention away from about breakfast. Soon the wooden door was opened and in stepped two white haired females.... Mirajane and Lissana. A smile greeted us from Mirajane's lips but a bittersweet expression came from her younger sister.

A smile slowly faded as I realized what was happening. Lissana was happy that Natsu was alive and well yet sadness filled inside her at the same time. She took care of him all of this time while I was clueless to his illness. She gave him food, shelter and most importantly... Love. Something I took to long to give. This girl standing in front of me gave him unconditional love ever since they were children. She's loved him from the very beginning, the beginning I had no part in.

 She's loved him from the very beginning, the beginning I had no part in

~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~

Lisanna: "Everything were telling you is the truth. Stop questioning everything!"

Lisanna furiously yells before raising her hand and harshly slapping me. Staring at my side I stood still and silent, surprised of her action. I couldn't believe she had just slapped me...

Lucy: "..."

Mirajane: "Lisanna!"

Mirajane yells as I she grabs Lisanna and pulls her away. Pushing her away Lisanna walked towards me and spoke up once again.

Lisanna: "I don't care if you love him or not but if their any kindness in your heart you'll help him live!"

Lucy: "N-Natsu..."

Lisanna: "Why he fell for you I have no idea but if you're the solution of this problem then I need you to cooperate because I don't want to lose him!"

Lucy: "You...You love him don't you..?"

I ask lowly while glancing up to meet her eyes. She was afraid...just like me. The life of the  man we both share love for was going to be lost if we did nothing.

Lisanna: "With all my heart..."

~~~~~End of flash back~~~~~

My heart fell into the pit of my stomach as I remembered what occurred between us. Her anger... Her confession... This girl was suffering because of her love to this dense man. The same suffering he passed through because of me. If I had never came into the picture then they would've probably been together. Would he have been better off with her instead of me...?

?