Chapter twenty-seven

Gently pushing the wooden door open my eyes fell on the sight of a pink haired boy sleeping on a small bed. I slowly walked towards him as I stared at him in shock. He was going through all this pain because of...me. This was all my fault and I had to fix it. If I didn't then the man I love would surely...die.

Lucy: "Natsu..."

Natsu: "...Lucy?"

He weakly responds while slowly turning his head in the direction of my voice. Gently cupping his cheek I watched him stare at me in confusion.

Lucy: "It's me."

Natsu: "..."

Lucy: "What..?"

I questioned his confused look. He then sat up in a slow pace. Now playing his hand on my cheek he spoke up.

Natsu: "You usually disappear by now..."

Lucy: "...I-I'm not going anywhere... I promise."

Natsu: "That's nice to hear. I've missed you a lot Luce."

He says in a sweet tone as he wrapped his arms around me, gently pulling me into a hug. I quickly respond by hugging him back but while he seemed happy I wasn't. My hands slightly clenched onto the back of his shirt while I burrowed my face on the crook of his neck. The tears I had been keeping to myself could no longer be contained. One by one my tears slipped onto his skin.

Lucy: "..."

Natsu: "Why are you crying?"

He asked in a worried tone when he felt my tears fall on his neck and roll down his skin. Tear stains accumulated onto his shirt. I couldn't hind the truth.

Lucy: "I'm sorry this happened to you..."

Natsu: "It's alright, I'm doing okay."

Lucy: "You don't look okay... We need to get rid of your illness."

Natsu: "...you know about it?"

The pink haired dragon slayer asked in a low tone before parting from their close hug. I wiped my tears away and held in a sniffle before glancing up to meet with his onyx colored eyes.

Lucy: "Yes."

Natsu: "Then you understand what the only solution to this?"

Lucy: "Natsu...I would never give myself to someone I don't truly love."

I say to him in a serious tone, causing him to look down. A small smile formed on my lips as I then placed my hands over his. Now holding onto them tightly I rested my forehead against his.

Natsu: "..."

Lucy: "That's why... I'm giving myself to you."

Natsu: "Lucy..."

He called my name with a hint of disbelief. His eyes were filled with surprise. His new smile was now shouting joy.

Lucy: "I love you..."

Natsu: "I've been waiting forever for you to say those three words."

Lucy: "Aren't you going to say it back?"

I joked causing him to have a slight laugh. We both exchanged smiles. We both held hands. We both confessed. Now slowly leaving towards me he then said...

Natsu: "I love you too Luce."

Lucy: "That's more like it."

A small giggle escaped from me. Natsu placed his hands on my shoulders and gently rested me on his bed. Now hovering over me he gave me a lustful look before leaning down. Within seconds our lips met. It was short yet sweet. Parting from our lips I couldn't help the urge for more. I simply received one kiss from his lips and was hooked.