Chapter nineteen

Everyone was doing something now. Kagura and Rogue were on a date. Milliana was with Happy, Carla, Wendy and my new kitten at her dorm room. Gray and Sting were somewhere doing something they had to do. Meanwhile Erza, Juvia, Yukino, Natsu and I were out in the town shopping. Now everyone was having fun and by everyone I mean everybody except for Natsu of course.

Natsu: "Ughhhhh Lucyyyyy why did I have to come?"

Natsu whined once again. He hasn't stopped whining for almost half an hour.

Lucy: "No one obligated you or anything, you decided to come all on your own."

Natsu: "Pshh what ever, it's your fault."

He mumbles as he crosses his arms over his chest and rolling his eyes.

Lucy: "My fault!? How is it my fault!?"

Natsu: "Because you wanted to come."

Lucy: "So!? You could've just stayed!"

I roared as I glared at the pink blossom haired dragon slayer. I then hear a small giggle behind, me causing me to turn around. Noticing it was Yukino I tilt my head, slightly confused.

Yukino: "Isn't it obvious Lucy? He wants to watch over you."

Lucy: "When did I get a bodyguard?"

Yukino: "The same exact moment you got a boyfriend."

She explains with a smile as she then goes back to walking, not far behind from Erza. I look over at Natsu and raise my right eyebrow, questionably.

Lucy: "...Natsu?"

Natsu: "Let's just keep walking."

He says as he starts walking, taking a few steps forward me and not making the slightest eye contact with me. I could see a small pink color pop onto his cheeks, making me giggle lowly.

Is he embarrassed by what Yukino said? Wait why would he be embarrassed? I thought to myself. Suddenly I feel something soft and light fall onto my head, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Lucy: "Huh?"

Looking up while I placed my hand over my head I could feel what it was and it seemed to be a hat. I then hear a familiar laughter entering my ears.

Natsu: "Hahaha! Luce you look funny!"

Lucy: "Hm..."

I hummed as I moved my gaze from a laughing Natsu to a weird old hat on a near shelf. Picking it up I set it on his head.

Lucy: "Hah you look like you just got out of a swamp! Haha!"

I laugh while pointing at him.

Natsu: "At least I don't have a fish hat."

Lucy: "I wonder if Happy would've tried to eat my head if he saw me?"

Natsu: "Probably would."

He answers my question with a small smile on his lips. Natsu then takes off the hat I had put on him and takes off mine a few seconds after.

Lucy: "Yeah."

Natsu: "Don't worry, I'd protect you from the vicious man eating Happy."