Chapter twenty-four

Sting and I were now walking to a restaurant near the docks. The moon was shining in the swaying water of the sea. The town's radiant lights illuminating the streets and the voices of the cheerful townsfolk filled the air.

Sting: "You look stunning, you know."

Lucy: "Arigato."

Sting: "I hope you enjoy Italian food."

Lucy: "Yeah."

I wonder how Natsu is doing... He seemed kinda ill when I saw him. What's going on with him? I thought to myself as I continued to walk. Wondering why he never answered any of my letters was also a thought lingering in my mind.

Sting: "Isn't the night sky beautiful?"

I hear Sting's voice speak up again but don't exactly hear the words or the sentence. I was spaced out now thinking about Natsu. Answering Sting's questions with simple answers was all I could do at the moment.

Lucy: "Yes."

Sting: "Do you think I should buy an elephant?"

Lucy: "Mhm."

Sting: "Aha! I caught you, you weren't paying attention to me."

Sting says as he jumps in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

Lucy: "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry."

Sting: "It's alright. What's wrong?"

Lucy: "Nothing, was just thinking about something."

I try to dismiss the new topic but of course Sting wouldn't allow it.

Sting: "If you're not feeling it then we can do this another time. I don't want you going into stress mode."

Lucy: "No, no, no. I'm definitely feeling it, are you kidding me? Whoo I'm not in stress mode I'm in fun mode!"

I lied. I didn't want to ruin the night so I faked how happy I was and tried to cover everything up.

Sting: "Haha, okay if you say so."

Lucy: "Wow this place looks amazing."

I saw in 'awe' as I observe my surroundings. The restaurant was covered in amazingly detailed decor.

Sting: "Not as amazing as you."

Lucy: "Stop it."

Sting: "But it's true."

We exchanged smiles and laughs before a man with a suit arrived to our table. He held two menus in his right hand and a small grin on his lips.

Waiter: "What a lovely couple, may I take your order?"

Sting: "Oh, no. We're not a-..."

Lucy: "Arigato and of course."

I cut Sting off with some words of my own, making him stay in silence while I answer the waiter's question.

Sting: "..."

Lucy: "What do you recommend?"

Waiter: "I believe the lasagna is the chef's best dish."