Not my parents

Holly POV

They stared at me like I was another species. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Not until I was positive Zach was okay but Dr. Waters didn't know yet. My adopted parents say on the sofa in front of me and I sat on the stiff hospital bed. I had folded my legs up and just stared at the wall between their heads while they tried to talk to me.
"Are you sure she can hear us?" Mrs. Smith asked Dr. Waters who sat in the rolly chair beside of me.
"She was just talking to me earlier, yes." He said. I didn't dare move or even flinch or turn my head a bit. "She is waiting to hear news about a friend of hers from back home. He was in a train accident."
Thanks for the freaking reminder.
"Oh." Mrs. Smith said. "Come here." She stepped out the door with her husband following her and left the door slightly open.
"We.... Not... Tell... About." Is all I heard. Not tell me what? What if they were trying to keep me from hearing about Zach? Oh god. They stepped back in and she whispered something similar to Dr. Waters.
"That's up to you ma'am." He said. "You can take her home today. Her next appointments in about a week and we'll check the use of her ear and we need to give her a stronger dose of chemo. It'll be harder in her but the cancer is growing and we need to get it under control before it spreads." Dr. Waters announced. Growing? What? It was supposed to have been caught earlier. I leaned my head back onto the raised pillow and sighed. I was astounded that I could hear it too. And I didn't want to go back today. I had to figure out what happened to Zach. I had to.
    "I don't want to go yet." I whispered so only Dr. Waters could tell what I said.
"We will notify your parents if we hear about Zach. You need to go home." He said.
"Those aren't my parents, and this isn't my home!" I say just loud enough for my fake parents to hear. They look taken aback for a moment. I stand up and walk down to the lobby with my adopted parents trailing behind me. They signed me out and I waited in the car. Once they emerged from the building I turned my gaze toward the window and out it. They both get in the car kind of startled and drive back to their three story mansion that'll never actually be home. I walk straight up to my room and lay on my bed in silence. I let silent sobs hurt my body and i grab my phone and throw it against the wall, sending a crack through the surface like a spider web. A knock at my door brings me out of my bed ready to throw a punch at some old people.
"Holly!" I'm greeted excitedly by a unknown voice. I realized I didn't recognize anybody's voice. I turned to Kacy
"K-Kacy!" I yell. I've never said that before even before I went deaf.
    "Omg you can hear!" Kacy cries out and embraces me in a tight hug. "And I'm staying over tonight!" She finished excitedly.
    "Zach's hurt" I blurt out unexpectantly.
"B-but what?!" Kacy nearly screams.
"They won't tell me what happened to him. He was hit by a train." I say with tears forming in my eyes.
    "Oh my gosh Holly that horrible!" Kacy says and attacked me with a hug.
"I've gotta figure out what happened and I know they know but they won't tell me." I say trying to stay calm. "He could be lying in the freaking morgue right now Kacy! He could be dead!"
"And there is nothing you can do. So you will calm down and we are going to have the best sleep over ever. Okay?" Kacy says patronizingly.
"Okay." I sigh for a moment.
"What about a movie?! You've never heard a movie before!" She says.
"Yeah sure." I say and collapse into my bed. Kacy pulls out a drawer that is full of movies.
"How 'bout this one?" She says and holds up WALL-E
    "Why not?" I say and she inserts the disk into the abnormally large television.

•••

We finish the movie around dusk and Kacy is still full of energy. I chuckle to myself and she goes and digs through my bathroom. She comes out with handfuls of different colour nail polish and I groan softly so she won't hear.
    "Come on!" She calls from my over expensive desk that nail polish shall ruin, but it only makes my smile grow.
    "I'll do yours you do mine?" I ask.
   "Yep." She smiles and picks out a few different colours for herself. Dark purple and Navy blue. At first I just paint all of her fingers purple except the ring finger and painted it navy. Then I decorated all of the purple with navy designs and the navy with purple designs. Kacy smiles at my work and waves her hands in the air at an attempt to dry them.
    After she does mine but I don't pay much attention till she's finished. All of my fingers are a light blue with no designs except faded white tufts. My ring finger has pretty floral designs with pretty colours.
"Amazing." I state with a cheeky smile. "So now you are going to tell me everything about you now"
"Fine." She drags out the n. "Well I got a boyfriend." She starts but I cut her off.
"I thought you said you'd never get a boyfriend till your outa high school cause he would, 'distract you'" I smile wickedly.
"But he is really nice and he is like the biggest freakin' nerd ever too! At first he was in my academic team after school but then once we started talking he would sit with me at lunch and he was super sweet!" She says excitedly and almost too fast for my understanding.
    "Well good! I don't want you dating no player or anything." I warn her and she rolls her eyes. "You'll have to bring him over sometime."
     "Of course!" Kacy nearly screams. I laugh a bit and lay my head on the pillow.
    "I need to go shower bad." I state but don't make an attempt to move.
    "Me too." Kacy says but we both just lie there.
    "I call first I want warm water!" I scream and run into the bathroom unexpectantly.

___________________________

Authors note!!

Hello my lovely people!!!! Okay so I'm thinking about writing a divergent fan fic but the plot shall be a surprise! And maybe I haven't figured it out yet but... That's not the point. And also I think imma enter this book in WATTYS2016 even if I won't win anything I might get some new followers or more votes on my stories which would be amazingness!! And also if you've read this far your an awesome person😄