Chapter Two

"You said you were busy this summer," a voice said. The two boys turned to see Rose, who was leaning in the doorway of the compartment. It was silent all of a sudden and Albus gulped, worried about his lying earlier. "So busy means sitting with your Dad at the Ministry? Watching while he worked?"

"Rose, I-" Albus began but he was cut off.

"You what Albus? You couldn't have told me? From what I've heard you've been writing hundreds of letters to Scorpius! And none to me! I'm your cousin, we're supposed to get along happily, Father wants me too," Rose exclaimed.

Her head sunk over, her bushy dark brown hair hiding away her eyes. But Albus already knew that tears were starting to form in her eyes. These were sure signs of it, he knew that well.

Albus stole a glance at Scorpius, who was looking at Rose sadly. You could see he dearly wanted to comfort her, or something of that matter. He was blinded by love, and it was perfect timing too.

"I'm sorry," Albus mustered up something. "I should've written to you and I'm terribly sorry I didn't. There are times were my mind goes blank, things happened last year Rose, I still haven't moved on from it."

Rose nodded, understanding completely. Sometimes it took forever for someone to heal from something and sometimes it took just a day. But seeing his father as Voldemort, Delphi floating above them all and almost murdering both him and Scorpius, that was burned into Albus' memory.

"We'll talk later. Bye Albus, bye Scorpius," Rose whispered. She left the compartment, sliding the door shut behind her. Albus turned to face Scorpius again, who was now grinning so wide the corners of his lips almost touched his ears.

Albus gave him a weird look, his eyes widening at Scorpius' massive smile.

"Did you hear her?" Scorpius asked almost jumping out of his seat. "She called me Scorpius! Not Bread-head, but Scorpius. My plan is working, she's beginning to fall even more in love with me."

A small smiled found its way on Albus' lips. He liked seeing his best friend happy, it was better than seeing him in pain. Seeing him being tortured with the Cruciatus Curse by Delphi. But he would always see that, every day when he had a bad dream. It was always that one bad dream and nothing else.

"She'll eventually crack, you just wait and see," Scorpius added. "And when I do ask her out and she says yes, we'll go to Madam Puddifoot's tea shop-"

He cut himself off, remember that both him and Albus were banned from entering Hogsmeade. An awkward smile was sent in each others directions, unknowing of what to really say to each other now.

Every conversation they had had before always carried on. The two friends always had something to talk about, even if it was only Scorpius speaking most of the time. Now he just seemed like he'd run out of words to say.

"You could always ask her to go to the March Ball with you," Albus put in, remembering something his father had mention to him during the summer.

"What the what?" Scorpius was confused now.

"The March Ball. My father said, since everything that happened last year, Professor McGonagall decided to host a Ball. He said that she had said, that everyone needed a break off from all the stress. That they needed to find the light in the darkness," Albus answered.

He was met by an 'oohing' sound from Scorpius and a grin was planted, once again, onto the blond boys lips.

"That's brilliant! When March comes up, I'm going to ask her. And this time, she's going to say yes," Scorpius exclaimed. He sure had set his hopes up high, stuck in a daydream he couldn't wake up from.

As Scorpius boasted about multiple things, Albus stared dully out the window. For the first time in his life, he wasn't listening to his friend ramble on about random things. And he always listened, even if nothing really piqued his interest.

"Hey, Albus, are you okay?" Scorpius asked, shaking his friends shoulder. The blond had noticed the lack of interest he was receiving and felt oddly angered at it. He always listened, why wasn't he listening? Was Albus finally getting bored of him?

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just a bit tired today, ya know. Dad woke me early," Albus replied knowing full well that wasn't the complete truth. But Scorpius bought it. He was only uneasy about the sad vibe he was getting from his friend.

"You don't seem fine. You seem sad," Scorpius decided to confront him. Albus looked away from the window and towards the worried male.

"You're getting the wrong vibe from me then. Happy as could be, just add extremely exhausted on top of it," Albus continued to carry on his act. Scorpius didn't want to add anything else so he pursed his lips to keep them shut.

It was upsetting seeing his friend like this. The friend who was only like this about his dad and everyone at Hogwarts. He was never sad when it came to Scorpius, or Rose, really. It could be either or it could be both.

Albus was just still suffering. He just didn't know who to tell. One would tell him it would blow over and the other would just sympathize with him. And everyone knew, none of those things really worked out.

A/N: Shout Out to everyone reading this because they finished the Cursed Child and they know that Scorpius and Albus were gay as hell.