Chapter Twenty

The only light in the room came from Scorpius' wand, which was resting propped up on his bed. He furiously worked on perfecting his bowtie, but it continued to come undone.

He turned around quickly after hearing the door creak open. It was only Albus, a grin set upon his pale cheeks.

"Hey, having trouble?" Albus headed further into the room. He approached his boyfriend and began to correct his bowtie.

"I'd figure it out in the end," Scorpius said at the defeat of not being able to tie his bowtie. "I could've used magic as my last resort."

"If you used magic for that you'd probably not be able to attend the Ball with me tonight," Albus replied as he backed away to admire his handiwork.

"Well, how does it look?" Scorpius asked giving Albus a little twirl that was so out of character Albus almost doubled over in laughter.

"You look great. Amazing, actually," Albus smiled. "Now, time to reveal ourselves."

Side by side, the two boys descending to the Great Hall where joyous sounds and booming music could be heard. The couple held their breaths as they entered.

Most students continued dancing or talking, but some turned their heads to get a glance at the entering couple. Rose was amongst the ones who spotted Scorpius and Albus first, her eyes widening and her mouth tightening.

Ignoring the eyes of their fellow peers the two made their way towards the mass of dancing bodies. They were playing a quick song at this moment, but that didn't erase the smiles off their faces or rid them of the nerves in their bodies.

After a few up beat songs from old bands such as the Weird Sisters, a slow song poured from the Orchestra directed by one of their Professors. Couples linked bodies to sway delicately to the rhythm of the music. Albus reached for Scorpius's waist and the two swayed along with everyone else.

Their eyes darted around the room. Students looked at them awkwardly and traded whispers under their breath. But Scorpius didn't bother with them. His eyes met Roses, who was dancing with Tristan.

The girl looked vibrant, as her yellow dress complimented her dark skin. She wore her frizzy hair in a long braid which reached her mid-back. But she let her eyes drift away from the blond boy, pretending not to be completely heartbroken.

"I'm still nervous," Albus whispered as the two boys danced together, their hands linked. "And their stares aren't helping."

"Well, then maybe the only eyes you need to look at are mine," Scorpius replied, a soft smile darting across his pink lips. Albus let out a light chuckle and both boys felt completely alone and completely at home.

When the slow music finally stopped and returned to something more energetic, Albus and Scorpius headed off to find a tale to rest. They were beat from the night off from studying for their O.W.L.S. and they didn't want it to stop early.

"I'm going to go get us some drinks," Albus said waltzing off, his body swaying lightly to the beat of the song. Scorpius smirked as he left.

"You're gay?"

Scorpius turned his body to see Rose standing behind him. A quizzical look was knitted across her eyebrows.

A/N: Hello, I'm on a writing spree at the moment so hopefully these last few updates will be posted in a short time period. The story is almost over and I'm so sad because I started this July 31 and its already almost December. Thanks if you've stuck with me the entire time.