Chapter Six

Albus collapsed onto his four-poster bed after potions class thinking. He thought about what would be different if he'd left the compartment with Rose back when he first boarded the Hogwarts Express. Or what might've happened if he'd gotten placed in Gryffindor instead of Slytherin.

What could've made his life slightly easier?

He let out a long sigh before sitting upright again. At the moment, he was the only Slytherin in the Common Room that he knew of. Everyone else was out enjoying the sun or studying in the library or out on the Quidditch pitch. Scorpius was out trying to woo Rose, so that left Albus to himself.

He could find James or Lily if he was bored enough. James would, of course, pull him into a side hug, ruffle Albus' hair and job away to join his seventh-year friends. Next year he'd be out of Hogwarts. If he went to Lily, she'd make him hang around with her friends and they'd talk about school and what-not.

But instead of going to find James, Lily or Scorpius and Rose, Albus headed down to the potions classroom. He knew Professor Bloodstone wasn't teaching a class right now, so that's why he strode in a took a seat at the table in the front.

"Albus!" Professor Bloodstone exclaimed looking up. "You're supposed to be outdoors and hanging with your friends! What are you doing here?"

"I only have two friends and one's out trying to woo the other," Albus sighed. Professor Bloodstone got up from her desk and headed to the table Albus was sitting at. She took the seat across from him.

"So why'd you come to my classroom?" Professor Bloodstone asked.

"I don't really know," Albus replied. "It was the heat of the moment and I guess I felt like I could get advice from you."

"What kind of advice?" 

"Advice on Life," Albus said. "Advice on anything really. Also, I've been having these nightmares and they don't seem to be going away. Is there a potion that could help?"

"Well, yes, there is," Professor Bloodstone's voice wavered. "It's called Sleeping Drought. A Sleeping Draught causes the drinker to fall almost instantly into a deep, dreamless sleep. But it's temporary and you shouldn't take too much of it. Sleeping Drought is simple, but powerful."

"Can I have some?" Albus asked almost instantly. 

Professor Bloodstone was unsure about this, but she strode over to her potions cabinet and searched through the different potion bottles that were placed close together. 

She pulled one out and examined the label on the front of it. When she returned to the table, she set the potion in front of the both of them.

"Small dosages and only before bed," Professor Bloodstone instructed. "It makes you conk out instantly and whatever facial expression you're making, that'll stick till you wake up." Albus nodded, reaching for the potion vial and sticking it into a pocket in his robes.

"Thank you, Professor," Albus said as he began to exit the room. 

"Don't worry, just be careful," she replied. "Should I send a letter to your father or mother letting them know? Of you taking this potion and of course, the nightmares?" 

Albus shook his head. He didn't want his parents fussing over him. He had already sort of made up with his father and he didn't want to take any more risks. And Albus didn't know what his mother might do with this information.He also wasn't risking getting a Howler and having Scorpius find out.

He didn't need Scorpius knowing he lied to him. That Rose also had no idea what nightmares Albus was having. 

So his feet carried him back to the Slytherin Common Room, where he stowed the potion vial away in his trunk so Scorpius wouldn't find it. Albus jumped onto the bed and pulled out his homework. 

Just moments later Scorpius came in, his blond hair tousled, his robes burnt and a blank expression on his face.

"What happened to you?" Albus laughed shutting his book.

"Rose happened to me," Scorpius replied. "And it. Was. Awesome."

A/N: Rose hexed him, don't get a dirty mind. Also, thanks to those who let me know how long it actually takes to make Veritaserum. Let's just pretend it doesn't take so long, I forgot to do my research.