Chapter Five

Both Slytherin boys tucked into their breakfast, shoving it into their mouths like it was the last feast they'll have. And it wasn't long until they received the first of the days judging looks from students who still hadn't forgiven either of them.

"Are you ever going to tell me?" Scorpius asked.

"No," Albus replied quickly. "And don't go asking Rose either."

"Can I just casually talk to her, maybe slip in a question during our conversation?" Scorpius questioned and Albus shot him a glare. "Or I won't do that."

When they finished their baked beans, toast and sausages, the two boys headed towards the potions classroom in the dungeons. It was almost like heading back to the Common Room, except you took one different turn.

They entered and sat at a table for four, where a Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff were seated. Lorcan and Lysander, the twins of Luna and Rolf. Albus had met them twice, one at a get together and another time at a wedding.

The potions master strode in, a grin upon her face. Professor Slughorn retired once more a while back and now the Professor was a female. Her thick brown hair was tied up loosely and held together with her wand, and her eyes lit up like fireworks.

"Hello students!" she greeted. "It is your fifth year and that means O.W.L.S! Yes, most boring thing ever, I was a student once, I know. But you all need to get started on studying soon and what better than to start with potions. As a few of you know, potions is necessity in almost everyday life. The medicine your mother and/or father makes or buys for you when you're sick is made by a potioneer."

Professor Bloodstone continued to ramble on about what jobs required either an O or E on potions and all the different kinds of potions they would be brewing up. Albus blew a short strand of matted hair out of his face and Scorpius had his head propped up on his hand. The two only moved when Professor Bloodstone instructed them to get out their cauldrons and potions book.

Albus dropped the book upon the table and Scorpius delicately opened it, flipping to the exact page the Professor instructed them to turn to. The blond haired boy was also quite delicate receiving the ingredients for the potion, handling them with care with his thin, pale fingers. However, Albus was not.

"Today we will be brewing Veritaserum, the Ministry is in need of this specific potion and I'm going to see if we can brew up a batch of this stuff for them," Professor Bloodstone announced. "You have the instructions and the materials. Begin! You have two hours before your next class so do it quickly yet neatly."

And thus, they began. The potion in Scorpius' cauldron sizzled nicely and gave of a bluish tinge, though Albus' potion was calm, with bubbles popping every minute or so and showing a ugly green color.

Professor Bloodstone walked around the room, checking each potion and making a specific face after looking at each one. She gave Scorpius a thumbs up and helped Albus for a few minutes before heading off once more.

"She's incredibly nice," Scorpius put in as he began chopping up one of his ingredients.

Albus nodded, not looking up as he was skimming the page. A glint of frustration was in his eye and he was so close to asking either Scorpius for help or Professor Bloodstone. Though, if he asked Scorpius he'd probably get in trouble because the Professor liked it when students worked alone on projects."

"If I ask you again about your nightmare are you going to punch me?" Scorpius asked as he began stirring his potions counter-clockwise. Albus finally looked up with a glare and punched Scorpius in the arm but not to hard.

"Well then, I'll just work on my potion and won't help you with homework tonight," Scorpius stated.

"Oh come on," Albus groaned. "That's not fair."

"Our lives aren't fair. Deal with it."

A/N: Don't be alarmed if I don't update quickly. Plus, school starts for me in two weeks and I'm going to become pretty busy once more. :( Thanks to everyone who's been voting and reading this story.