Chapter Twenty Two

The March Ball lasted till the early morning, which of course would lead to a day off from school. Most of the students had already stumbled off to bed, intoxicated with the songs of the evening replaying in their heads.

Albus and Scorpius had headed back to their Common Room along with the people who would be referred to as 'the early crowd'. Despite what Albus had said, both boys grew incredibly exhausted an hour or two later.

So now they were tucked into their separate beds, smiles drawn lazily across their pale cheeks and their breaths at an easy pace. An hour after they'd fallen victim to sleep, Tristan stumbled into the bedroom, his hair messy and tie untied. He seemed jubilant as he headed to bed, also falling asleep with a grin.

-

The next morning they entire Common Room woke up late, and lunch time turned into breakfast for most of the students. Albus, Scorpius, and Tristan all changed from their dress robes into jeans and loose, long-sleeved shirts before heading down. The three of them all headed to sit with Rose, who at the moment, was sitting alone with a book in her lap while munching on some toast slathered with jam.

"Hello, Rose," Albus said taking the seat across from her with Scorpius next to him. They could finally hold hands publicly, now with the school knowing about the two of them being together.

"Albus. Scorpius," she addressed, looking up. "Hello, Tristan." They smiled at each other, in a sort of romantic way. And without warning, the two pressed a kiss against each other's lips, leaving Albus and Scorpius with slightly gaping mouths.

"You two are dating?" Scorpius asked.

"Well, I suppose," Tristan said. "We only half confirmed it last night, but I think this completely confirms it. She came running to me, one Saturday, with tears in her eyes and I comforted her, I believe that was the start of something magical. More magical than the powers we possess."

Rose's smiled dimmed, only because of the remembrance of rejection from Scorpius. But she had a boyfriend now. Tristan, who was a gentle soul with ghost-like skin, floppy brown hair, and a warm smile.

"Well, you two are a lovely couple," Albus said.

"As are you two," Tristan replied. "To be entirely honest, I kind of expected it. The two of you being together, but it was not on my part to make accusations. You both are kind, and you care for each other, that I know. My grandfather would be proud to know I've made such excellent friends."

Both boys were touched by Tristan's words, for the ghostly boy's grandfather was an important figure and Tristan was always confused about how he could please the man he shared a name with.

"Now, we all have the rest of the day off," Rose broke the silence that succumbed after Tristan's kind words. "What should we do?"