Chapter Twenty Three

The quartet spent their day hanging out by the Black Lake, laughing, smiling, and all together having a blast. They all knew the next day they'd be back to studying for their upcoming O.W.L.S. and this was their only break from it.

    And when O.W.L.S came along, the four all tried their best, hoping that most of their scores would be at least Outstanding or Exceeds Expectations, but all they could do was pray for the best.

    The last few weeks afterwards were spent together, unless Rose and Tristan went off to Hogsmeade. Then Albus and Scorpius of course couldn't accompany them. So the two would spend those days wandering the halls, hanging out in the library, or down by the Black Lake, splashing in the cool water, pretending it had always been as easy as it were for them now.

-

    They were to leave Hogwarts the next day, to head home for the summer. Albus and Scorpius were down by the Black Lake, both boys relaxing with the trees to their backs. Scorpius had his head in Albus's lap, the dark haired boy messing with the blond's floppy, unwashed hair.

    "My father doesn't know," Albus said. "If I do tell him he'll probably think I'm even more of a screw-up."

    "He can't hate you, Albus. Even if he's furious with you, he'll never be able to hate you. Parents don't hate their children, even if they say they do. They are just feeble around their children when it comes to emotions," Scorpius replied. "And if you tell your father, and he says he hates you, just come to my place."

    "I don't know, Scorpius," Albus muttered. "How do you know you're dad is cool with this whole... boy dating a boy thing?"

    "If my dad is, he wouldn't say," Scorpius answered. "He's already lost everything, he wouldn't bear to loose me. He'd most likely be weary about it at first, but then warm up to it."

    "Oh," Albus whispered.

-

    The two boys trudged onto the train, they were emotional about leaving Hogwarts, but they knew they'd be back next year. When they found an empty compartment, Scorpius took a seat and Albus went to search for Rose and Tristan, who were still wandering through the crowds of students.

    Rose and Tristan followed him to the compartment, where the couple took one side of the booth and Scorpius and Albus took the other. Scorpius picked up a book to read for the ride and Albus rested his head in Scorpius's lap so he could take a nap.

    The train rolled lazily through the country-side of Scotland towards Kings Cross Station in London. The trolley lady came by, but left almost immediately upon spotting Albus and Scorpius. She was still not over last year.

    Soon the train stopped and everyone unloaded, Albus and Scorpius holding hands, prepared to face whatever their parents would say. When they approached the exit they looked at each other.

    "I love you," Albus said. "Just know that."

    "I do, and I love you back," Scorpius said. "Forever. There will never be a time where I don't stop loving you because I will always love you."

    "Always?" Albus asked.

    "Always."

A/N: fin ~