Chapter Four

Albus darted awake, sweat drizzling down his forehead. He was panting lightly but rapidly, his eyes scanning the dark room before they focused on Scorpius.

    The blond boy had his wand out, a bright light emitting from the tip and a book was propped up in his lap. He could feel someone staring and looked up towards Albus, eyes gazing over the sweat on his forehead.

    "Nightmare?" he asked in a whisper as to not wake the sleeping Slytherins. Albus nodded, moving his arm up to wipe away the wetness. Scorpius shut his book and tip-toed over to the other boys bed.

    "What was it about?" Scorpius asked, curiosity flowing through his veins.

    But Albus couldn't tell him. He couldn't say that it was Scorpius dying over and over thanks to Delphi. And he couldn't even help him, both of their wands had been snapped in half and Albus was bound by rope.

    And with each nightmare that came, another lock was added to the rope to keep Albus from ever escaping. All that he could see was Scorpius' withering body and the malicious grin upon Delphi's face.

    "Nothing important," Albus told him shaking the boy away. Scorpius didn't leave Albus' bed as Albus thought he would.

    "We could go out to the Common Room. Watch the fish swimming in the Black Lake," Scorpius offered. Albus didn't refuse, following swiftly as the blond boy tugged him away from his bed and into the Common Room.

    There were little green fire's flickering from inside lanterns placed upon the walls. And the fireplace was lit with lime green flames as well. The two boys headed further into the room, plopping down upon the black leather couch.

    The walls around the fireplace were made completely of glass, the water of the Black Lake hitting it softly. Sometimes you could hear the waves from inside the bedrooms and even before you entered the Common Room. But that was usually when there was a storm about and the wind was blowing fiercely.

    "Please tell me," Scorpius begged. "About your nightmare. I can try and help you calm them. Get the potions Professor to brew you up something. Or I can ask Professor Longbottom if there's plant that can help you."

    "Don't worry Scorpius, it's nothing, really," Albus replied. He formed up a lie quickly. "Rose is helping me already. She may seem a bit snappy, and I forgot to send her letters about stuff like that, but she's helping me."

    "If you say so Al," Scorpius said. He didn't seem convinced, and he was worried for his friend. They'd gone through so much together he should be able to tell him things. Unless it was too emotionally scaring. But then he should definitely help.

    Instead the two sat watching the fish swim around outside in the Black Lake, ever so often seeing the Giant Squid swim by. Many students from the other houses hadn't had the pleasure of seeing the creature but they heard all about it. It wasn't quite magnificent as the stories said, it was just a big blob of black with tentacles and an eye.

    Scorpius' eyes kept darting over towards Albus, checking on him often. The Potter's eyes were trained on the glass, glazed over and daydreaming. He seemed incurable from this position, and depressed.

    Soon the two fell asleep, propped up by the plush black pillows that were also covered in leather. They were only awoken by the first years who jumped around the room excitedly for their first day at Hogwarts.

A/N: Even shorter than the last chapter. Also the updates might be slow seeing as school is coming up once more. And please give feedback on the story, I want to know how to correct my writing skills and include readers!!