Chapter Ten

Albus' breath was heavy as he walked back to the Common Room. His footsteps were slow and his movements stiff.

The books he was holding slipped from his loose grip. His eyelids drooped down and he stumbled forwards.

Soon, the corridors were silent once more. Albus was propped up against a wall by his cheek and his breathing was incredibly slow.

He'd die soon if no one found him.

-

-

-

Everything was white and numb. He tried to clench his hand in a fist, but he couldn't feel a thing. What if he was dead? Would anyone come to his funeral? Did his funeral already happen? Who cried?

Those thoughts didn't last long, he could finally see other colors besides white. But all of it was still a blur.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Albus heard someone say frantically. "Al! Al! Are you awake? Please tell me you are!"

Albus tried to open his mouth to reply, but he only gagged. His mouth was dry and his stomach was an empty pit. He desperately needed food and water.

The person immediately began fumbling around for something. Albus could sense their frantic movements. There was more fumbling and then Albus felt a cold glass touch his dry lips. Water poured into his mouth and he slowly chugged it all.

He tried to bring his limp hand up to wipe his mouth, but he was too weak. Instead, someone used the sleeve of their shirt to do it for him.

Albus opened his mouth again, hoping words would come out. He'd ask where he was and what had happened. He'd ask who this person was, the one helping him.

"What happened? he sputtered. "Where am I?"

Scorpius let out a relieved sigh. His friend was alive. But he didn't let his happiness last too long. He set down the glass and prepared to answer his friends questions.

"You're in the Hospital Wing," Scorpius answered. "Some students found you slumped up against some wall. Madam Pomfrey found poison in your system."

Albus blinked a couple of times. He tried lifting his hand again. It worked. Albus brought his hand up, touching Scorpius' shoulder. His hand trailed all the way up to his friends cheek and almost immediately he jerked it away.

"Scorpius?" he asked.

"Yeah, did you not recognize my voice?" his blond headed and confused friend replied.

"My hearing his a bit wonky," Albus said. His eyes were adjusting, getting less blurry and he was moving his fingers around, trying to get them working again.

The two were silent for a minute more. They were the only two in the Hospital Wing, their eyes locked onto each others. Then Albus broke away, letting out an awkward cough.

"You said Madam Pomfrey found poison in my body?" Albus steered the conversation away from wherever he thought it was going to end up. Scorpius followed along, not prepared to tackle that talk yet either.

"Yes," Scorpius hesitantly replied, his fingers tracing the edge of the bed. "Sleeping Drought. But not regular Sleeping Drought. It basically works the same, but after a week it's supposed to kill the person... Why didn't you tell me? I'm you best friend, you're supposed to tell me everything!"

"Well, not everything should be told," Albus crossed his arms, a tingle running through his body from the movement. "People keep secrets sometimes to protect others. In this case, I didn't want you to feel bad for me. I have nightmares... About that day."

"You didn't think I had nightmares too, Albus!" Scorpius almost shouted. He was furious at his friend for shielding himself away like that. "That dark world, where Voldemort ruled and you didn't exist. You weren't there... It was so hard for me. I don't want a world that doesn't have you, because without you I don't have a world."

A/N: Well... I'll just watch you freak out in the comments. Also... more of the gay coming soon, unless it's me. I'm also the gay... If you haven't read my bio.