Chapter Fourteen

It wasn't long before December passed, taking Christmas along with it. December passed along so quickly that it felt as if Christmas was just a thing of the past. Albus and Scorpius had celebrated it at the Potter's.

Harry found it odd, but brushed it off when Ginny greeted the boys with a neatly cooked turkey and pecan pie for desert. But Harry and Ginny didn't know that the boys were dating, and neither did Draco.

And now it was January, there was still fresh snow scattered outside in the courtyards and all over the Hogwarts grounds. Albus was bundled in coats and scarves as he sat outside upon on of the frosty benches.

Scorpius was late, filling out a test he was sick for. Everything was beginning to become what Albus had dreamed about since day one. Of course he never thought he'd end up dating the son of his father's arch enemy. But yet, here he was, and that wasn't gonna change anytime soon.

"Haven't talked to you in a while," someone said in a toneless voice. Albus looked up to his cousin, white freckles of snow glittering off her dark skin. Rose Granger-Weasley. She looked amazing, even covered in layers and clutching her books close to her shivering body.

"Hello Rose," Albus smiled, his teeth chattering because of the cold.

"Hey Albus," she said back. "Have you been ignoring me?" She cut to the chase and took a seat next to him. Rose began tightening the scarf around her neck as she waited for her cousins reply.

"I'm not ignoring you," Albus answered. "I swear. We just haven't really spent time around each other this year. See, I think you're ignoring me and it might have something to do with Scorpius."

Rose was silent. She looked down at the ground and let the snow collect upon the tip of her nose and her dark beanie.

"I'm terrified, okay," Rose announced. "He always wants to be around me, and I know he likes me. And I think I like him, but now he's just... distant. I don't know why and it makes me feel terrified."

"Wait, you think you like Scorpius?" Albus asked shocked. A bubbly feeling erupted in his stomach, possibly jealously. He felt protective, like he wanted Scorpius all to himself. He'd never felt this in is life about anyone before.

"Yeah, but don't tell him, please," Rose whispered as if someone were listening in and she didn't want them to hear. Albus almost snorted, knowing Scorpius wasn't in love with Rose anymore, but deep down that jealous feeling was still swirling around.

But it didn't last long until Rose jumped up from the bench, Albus looked at her strangely until he noticed Scorpius walking towards them. Rose brushed snowflakes from her hair and scarf.

"Well, gotta run," Rose said. "Your boyfriend is here." She didn't know. She didn't know what she'd just said was true. When she disappeared Scorpius appeared next to him, a warm smile on his face.

Scorpius reached for Albus' hand and Albus grabbed Scorpius' hand as well. It was peaceful and it didn't need to be any better than this.