Chapter Twelve

People say that you need to take life head on. Don't let anyone or anything stop you from accomplishing your dreams.

Though, some dreams need to be hidden. Because some dreams are too bold and elaborate for ordinary people to understand.

Some dreams are holding hands under tables and sneaking kisses behind statues in-between classes. They are small, but they can still create explosions.

It'd been a week and a half since Madam Pomfrey dismissed Albus from the Hospital Wing. A week and a half since Albus and Scorpius kissed. A week and a half since the two had started secretly dating.

-

"We still haven't investigated yet," Scorpius said as he scribbled down his potions essay due the day next.

"Investigated what, yet?" Albus asked. He looked up at his boyfriend and smiled. At least he didn't have to hide his love anymore. A pink tinge appeared on his cheeks as he watched Scorpius' hand glide easily across the parchment.

"Oh, Albus, almost oblivious to everything. You almost died! Like, two weeks ago! We must find out who attempted to murder you slowly, with poison," Scorpius declared.

"Really? Okay," Albus almost snorted even though it was an inappropriate time to do so. "Any suspects?"

"First of all, this is not funny. Second of all, who provided you with the Sleeping Drought?" Scorpius finally looked up; he wore an annoyed face.

"Professor Bloodstone? No she'd never. She's extremely kind and 'hip' with the other students," Albus stated. Scorpius immediately burst out laughing and Albus was almost stunned for a second.

"Oh my god, Albus! 'Hip'? What the hell is going on in your brain right now?" Scorpius shook his head. Albus grumbled, scrunching up loose paper and throwing it at his boyfriends head.

"Fine, write her name down," Albus responded. "We can 'interrogate' her tomorrow."

-

Footsteps echoed along the corridor as Scorpius and Albus raced to their potions class. They had stayed late in Herbology to ask Professor Longbottom a question.

"What are you gonna ask her after class?" Albus asked as he raced past portraits.

"You're asking her," Scorpius stated. "You're the one who was drugged and almost died from it."

Albus nodded as the two slid into potions and took their seats. Professor Bloodstone pointed at the chalkboard without looking up from her book.

Scorpius rushed to get the potion ingredients and Albus set up the cauldron. They chucked off their robes and rolled up their sleeves and began working on their potion.

When the class finally finished, Scorpius used a cleaning spell to empty the cauldron as Albus put away the tools they used. This was normally how the two worked in each class that they shared together.

Professor Bloodstone was earning her chalkboard, swaying left and right to music playing in her head. Albus cleared his throat and she twirled around.

"Hello boys, late to class. Again," Professor Bloodstone said. "Come to tell me why?"

"Well, I have something to ask, but we were late because I had to ask Professor Longbottom a question about his lesson," Albus replied. The potions Professor nodded, tucking a strand of her frizzy hair behind her ear.

"So, what do you want to ask?" she questioned.

"Well, I don't really know how to put it —," Albus began.

"Did you put something else in the Sleeping Drought? Was it you who tried to kill Albus?" Scorpius butted in. Albus, who's mouth was hanging open, shut it quickly and turned to stare at Scorpius in terror.