Chapter Eleven

Albus was dumbstruck, his eyes were wide and his mouth hung open slightly. Immediately Scorpius covered his mouth, realizing what he just spilled.

"Oh god," Scorpius breathed out. "I'm sorry, that was a bit too much. I didn't mean to say that, I just got caught up in the moment."

"No... No, thanks for telling me," Albus replied. His voice was just a waft of air flowing through an open window. Even Scorpius could barely hear him.

"I guess it's just like what I said before. Last year. That if I had to choose a companion to be with at the return of eternal darkness, I'd choose you. Not Rose, but you," Scorpius said, his eyes seemed golden as the daylight flittered in from the window that reflected off his face.

"I don't understand," Albus said, stunned. His eyes were avoiding Scorpius' and his mouth quivered. Scorpius let out a frustrated sigh.

"Of course you don't, you're way too oblivious. Are you in love or not? Because I know I am. And it's not Rose I'm in love with," Scorpius said, sliding off the bed.

"What, wait?"

"Honestly, I only realized it minutes ago. I'm a complete idiot. I thought I was searching for something. I thought if I swam out far enough, Rose finally go on a date with me. But, I didn't need to search for something. I didn't need to swim. Everything I wanted, everything I needed was in front of me," Scorpius blurted out. His eyes were watery and he looked away, out the dingy window.

"You're in love with me?" Albus stammered, his heart racing deathly fast. He'd completely frozen up.

"I don't know, Al. Maybe," Scorpius sighed. "I think I do. Everything is just so confusing. The world doesn't care about two guys in a relationship, they think it would start a war."

Carefully, Albus slid off the bed. His legs were numb, he struggled to stand without wobbling. With shaky legs, Albus walked towards Scorpius.

"Why not? There's a difference between holding hands and wielding weapons," Albus stated. His hand was trembling as he placed it upon Scorpius' shoulder.

Startled, the blond boy spun around leaving a few inches between his face and Albus'.

"Some people just hold onto their Heteronormity too closely," Scorpius answered. Albus could feel Scorpius' breath on his lips.

"I want to kiss you right now," Albus suddenly blurted out. A small smirk found it's way on Scorpius' lips.

"Then go ahead," Scorpius replied.

Their kiss was sloppy, their hands moved all over each other as if they had no idea where to place them. Scorpius' heart was racing fast, knowing that he had been trying to distract himself. But, to now finding himself in this position, it felt like destiny and his inevitable dreams coming true.

Albus felt comfort, his hands trailing up and down Scorpius' body. He had him so close now. So close, that Albus felt like he could protect him from anything and anyone. 

A/N: THE STORY IS STILL NOT OVER. THERE'S THE BALL PLUS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SLEEPING DROUGHT!