Chapter Twenty One

Rose looked even more entrancing up close. Her lashes were longer and her eyes seemed to glitter. She had dark magenta lips, and wore a highlighter that shimmered. Scorpius would admit she looked absolutely stunning, but he was attracted to her that way.

"Well," Scorpius mustered up some words. "If dating Albus makes me gay, then I suppose I am."

Rose closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she looked like she was struggling to register his response. But she took the seat next to him without hesitance. Her eyes fluttered open and settled on the mass of dancing students.

"Oh." That was all Rose could say at the time.

"I'm sorry," Scorpius started to apologize, but Rose cut him off.

"You shouldn't be," Rose said. "There's you reason to apologize about how you feel about a person. Romantically. You're in love with him and he is in love with you, don't apologize for that."

A small smile formed on Scorpius's cheeks. He was surprised to see how accepting she was, even if her heart was shattered.

"However, I should be the one apologizing," Rose carried on. "I was rude and judgmental to you before we even started our first year. You're not the son of Voldemort, you're too kind and you have a heart, you just couldn't possibly be. So, I'm sorry for that whole fiasco. I should've stayed and gotten to know you, like Albus did."

"You should've," Scorpius chuckled. "But I accept your apology. There are alway silly rumors people will believe in. Even if they know nothing about the topic. But everyone just assumed my father couldn't possibly be my father."

He glanced over his shoulder seeing Albus returning with two glasses of butterbeer in hand. Scorpius watched as Albus's gaze scanned over to Rose, who sat next to him. A confused look displayed across his face.

"Er, I didn't know you'd be joining. If I did I would've gotten a drink for you," Albus said taking the seat next to Scorpius and handing him his glass of butterbeer.

"Don't worry," Rose replied. "Tristan is getting us some lemonade at the moment." She gave her cousin a delicate smile, but you could tell she was kind of upset about Albus not telling her about the two boys dating.

Rose glanced around the room, the trio sitting at the table falling silent. Scorpius and Albus sipped on their drinks, listening to the sounds of students murmuring in groups and the soft thud of music. At this moment, they all took the time to observe the decorations set up by the March Ball Committee staff.

Large chandeliers hung from the ceiling, shimmering and sparkling with the hundreds of candles perched upon them. White drapes surrounded the room, they blocked the windows trapping the light inside the room. A stage was set up in one of the corners, they had a band called the Bashing Banshees preforming a few songs. The tables were set up along the walls, and another table dedicated to hosting food. It was quite a miraculous sight.

"Well, there's Tristan calling for me," Rose said before strolling off to meet her date for their lemonade leaving Albus and Scorpius alone once more.

"I could get used to this," Albus confessed.

"Used to what?"

"Nights where you dress up fancy and dance with your friends, your boyfriend and then you hang out for the rest of the night talking, drinking, and eating. No studying for O.W.L.S. and no having to head off to sleep early," Albus yawned. "Even if you do get tired."