Chapter Seventeen

Scorpius and Albus had dragged Tristan around all day until their feet were sore. They dropped off the curious Slytherin transfer to Rose and retreated back to the Common Room.

The two were lucky to find that no one was relaxing on the couch near the fireplace or reading in the bedrooms.

"Are they all in the library being nerds or what?" Albus asked with suspicion. Scorpius shot him an annoyed sideways glance.

"No, they're probably in Hogsmeade seeing as they weren't forbidden to go there," Scorpius gave him his answer with a bit for fierceness than planned.

"Oh, yeah," Albus muttered under his breath. "But that means this room is all ours for now." He winked and Scorpius was inches away from leaving.

"We're fifth years, Al," Scorpius reminded him. "Don't be getting any inappropriate ideas now."

"But we can at least snog, right?" Albus asked reaching for Scorpius's hand. "I mean, all the other couples practically eat each other's faces off out in public." Scorpius accepted Albus' hand, but raised an amused eyebrow.

"That's cause they're straight. Straight couples can basically do anything they fucking want to do," Scorpius said.

"Well, we can too," Albus replied before smashing his lips into Scorpius's. He usually always initiated anything romantic they did. Scorpius was still the more secluded type.

And unlike every romance movie ever, their movements were hasty and sloppy. Scorpius let his hands linger around the nape of Albus's neck while Albus tangled his hands into the blond hair of his boyfriend.

"God," Albus muttered against his boyfriends lips.

"I am," Scorpius laughed.

"No.... Well, yes, but God. I always thought at this time I'd be snagging some girl instead of some boy," Albus stated.

"Me too," Scorpius agreed. "But this is so much better." Albus didn't even get to reply before Scorpius had reattached his lips, hungrily and happily. It was as if the idea of time didn't exist when their lips collided.

Everything froze, clicking into place. They were each others soulmate. They were simply, to put it, meant to be. No other boys. No girls at all. And pain didn't exist. The thought of each other being ripped away from each other was just a memory for another person. This was love in its true form.

A boy loving another boy wasn't a tragedy, it was a miracle. It was hope for a better future. A future where anyone could be anyone and magic existed among Muggles, not just among wizards and witches.

These two were so fortunate to meet. If it weren't for the tragedies that impacted the lives of their families before them, their happy reality would cease to exist.

"Time turners are a stupid invention anyways," Albus said breaking apart from their heated kiss. "Time should not be manipulated or rewritten. People are meant to die, be born, become evil, so that those who come after can live. And not just boring old living. They live out the lives that they were meant to"

"Don't be silly now, you numpty. Why'd you have to go and interrupt heaven for me," Scorpius said.