Chapter Eighteen

There were two months until March and already you could see the students preparing. Dresses and suits were arriving in the post. One of the owls carried a package too heavy that it nose dived into a students bowl of cereal.

    Some already had dates and others were crying over being rejected. It was chaos in every Common Room.

    "Do you think, if I don't ask Rose out, will she try asking me to the Ball instead?" Scorpius asked as he held a large stack of books in his arms as Albus searched for a specific book on potions.

    "You won't be asking her out at all because you'll be going to the March Ball with me," Albus replied, his fingers tracing the spines of the potion books.

    "Shh, we're in the Library," Scorpius hissed. "But the question is would she even attempt asking me out?"

    Albus remained silent. He still remembered when Rose had approached him and declared her unfaltering love for Scorpius.

    "Well?" Scorpius egged Albus to tell him what he thought.

    "I don't know. Probably, but how amI even supposed to know?" Albus admitted. He found the book he was searching for and pulled it from the shelf. Dust coated the book and Albus used the sleeve of his cloak to wipe it away.

    "Probably? Huh?" Scorpius took in Albus's reply giddily. "It will be me rejecting her this time, then."

    "That's not a good thing." Albus deadpanned.

    "Why not?" Scorpius asked with a frown. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

    "Okay, I promised Rose to never tell you this, but Rose is actually madly in love with you." Albus had let his voice drop to a whisper. "She was trying to push away her feelings for you all those years."

    Scorpius was left baffled; he wore a stunned expression as Albus reached for the books in Scorpius' arms.

    "Wait, she told you she loves me? When?" Scorpius had let his voice pick up. Several of the students had glanced up from their homework and books to stare. Of course they'd find a reason to stare at the most disliked pair in the school.

    "Shut up and I'll tell you later," Albus snapped, he knew rumors would spread. I mean, who would be madly in love with Scorpius? Albus Severus Potter and Rose Weasley-Granger, obviously.

-

    It was all but quiet in the Great Hall that evening. Tristan had his head buried in a transfiguration textbook and the other two boys - Albus and Scorpius - were shoving mouthfuls of food down their throats.

    Above them twinkled hundreds of candles, and a roof made of millions of stars. Albus had to admit dinner in the Great Hall was his favorite. You couldn't see the magnificent night sky from the Slytherin Common Room.

    "Why are you staring at the ceiling?" Tristan had glanced up from his book and noticed where Albus placed his gaze.

    Scorpius had stopped munching on bread rolls to see what Tristan was talking about. He shifted his gaze towards the sky ceiling as well.

    "All the ghosts of people who died. They're up there. I feel it. People we loved and lost. I'm named after two of those ghosts," Albus whispered.

    "So am I," Tristan added.

A/N: Just saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It was perfection, except I didn't like Tina that much. Anyways, I'm writing a story about an Aromantic character. Can any of my Aro readers please tell me what it's like? Thank you!