Chapter Nineteen

Albus awoke to the sound of water lapping against a glass window. He rolled out of his bed and ruffled his dark hair.

Today was Saturday; the weather was finally clearing up and Albus wanted to spend the day by the Black Lake.

He slipped on his dressing robes and shuffled towards the bed Scorpius dozed in. With a lazy grin plastered on his face, he nuzzled his head into a nape of Scorpius's neck.

"Hey," Scorpius said. His voice was low and his hadn't even flickered open yet. "What're you doing up so early?"

"Tristan's bed is empty. He's already gone down to the Great Hall," Albus argued and Scorpius smirked, reaching his arms up to place around his boyfriends waist.

"Fine, get dressed then," Scorpius said, shoving Albus off his bed.

-

The lawn outside of Hogwarts was sprinkled with students. Some sat with their backs to the cold stone of the school chatting, others sat against trees with books in their hands and the rest walked around in clumps gossiping.

Albus and Scorpius hurried towards the Black Lake, a few books in their arms and bread rolls packed in napkins. They ran with smiles on their faces, the wind blowing through their hair as their legs carried them to the lake.

When they reached the edge of the Black Lake they settled down near some trees. Scorpius laid out a blanket to lay on and Albus unraveled the napkin with the bread rolls and set down the books.

"Such a pretty day, don't you agree?" Both boys looked up to see Rose standing in front of their picnic blanket, her hands crossed in front of her chest.

"Oh, Rose," Scorpius exclaimed, pulling his legs into his chest and scrambling away from Albus' side. "What're you doing over here?"

"Can't I come say hello to my cousin and his friend?" Rose asked. Her voice quivered and she didn't glance over at Scorpius when she responded to his question. Something was off. She seemed nervous, and both boys could tell.

"Yeah, of course," Albus replied shifting so his weight was on both elbows. "Did you need something? Wanna hang out? Here, have a bread roll." Albus grabbed a roll from the napkin and held it out to his cousin.

"Er, no thanks," Rose replied, she moved her hands down to straighten out her skirt. "I've come to ask Scorpius a question, to be honest."

Scorpius looked shocked at first, forgetting how to speak and remembering what he and Albus had discussed earlier. As he grasped for words to form a sentence Albus looked at him wearily, reminding him that he hand to be kind when turning her offer down. That is, if that is the question Rose was about to ask him.

"Yes, Rose," Scorpius breathed out. "What is it?"

"Would you, perhaps, like to go to the March Ball with me?" Rose stuttered. "That is, if you want to and have no other plans." Scorpius was silent for a moment, hoping there was somehow a polite way to tell a girl you'd once crushed on 'No'.

"I'm sorry, Rose. Someone else asked already," Scorpius said and everything for a moment was silent. Roses breath hitched. "I said I would." At that was it, Rose tore off. She ran in the direction of the school and Scorpius closed his eyes, sighing. What really could he do at this point?

A/N: Don't really know how to say this, but the story will be over in a couple of chapters. But hopefully once i've finished this story I'll write one for Fantastic Beasts. Or otherwise I have an idea for a Luna Lovegood story.