V.

• chapter five •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soryu takes us to some kind of sports club. He parks the car in the lot and a man immediately comes walking toward us. "I'm sorry to bother you on your day off, Soryu." The man with a scar on his face apologizes, bowing a little. "Oh, I didn't know Reina was with you." He looks a bit confused, like he missed something.

I'm caught off guard for a second. How many people know me here? I'm guessing he works for Soryu. "This is Kyoichiro Okawa. Kyo for short." Soryu introduces. "You've met before, I believe. Do you remember him?" He asks me carefully.

I catch on to his words. "It's nice to see you, again. It's been a while." I say with a smile. I suppose we can tell him what happened later or some other time or maybe Soryu will because from the looks of it, he looks confused.

"Good afternoon." Kyo greets, a bit awkward but on guard.

"Um.... So where are we?" I ask.

"It's a shooting range." Soryu answers. I look around the area more and what I see starts to make sense.

"Let's not talk out here. Come on inside." Says Kyo and we do.

Inside, the room is divided into booths. Ryosuke and a tall man are in separate booths, each holding rifles. "Inui! Samejima!" Hearing their names, both of them come over to us.

"Oh! Hello sir! Miss Valdez!" Ryosuke greets. "Did you come to see me win?"

"You mean lose, right?" The guy, Samejima, retorts.

"Whaaat? I'm the one who's gonna win, obviously!"

"Knock it off, you two! You're in front of Soryu." Scowls Kyo at both of them. The two guys fall quiet and it's a bit awkward until Kyo talks again. "This is your first time meeting Reina, right? This is Koichi Samejima, our new member from Hong Kong branch."

"Nice to meet you."

Well at least I haven't met this one before. "I'm Reina Valdez. Nice to meet you, too." These men are really tall, I still feel short even with heels. "So... Why are you at the shooting range today?" I look around a little more to see what they have compare to my home. It's definitely different.

"Samejima and Inui here joined the Ice Dragons on the same day, in Hong Kong and Japan respectively." Says Kyo. "In this world, age or education doesn't matter. Even people who joined the organization one day earlier than you is of higher rank. So since they joined on the same day, they're going to see who is of higher rank through a shooting competition. But I suppose you're already familiar with the process." I smile with a nod.

"I joined at 10am!" Inui starts. "Even though it's the same day, I joined earlier!"

"And what about the time difference?" Says Samejima. "Idiot."

"What did you call me?!"

"That's enough, you two!" Kyo stops them again.

I pull my lips inside to contain my laughter. "Whatever. Let them do as they please, Kyo." Says Soryu.

"But sir..."

"There's no stopping them at this point." Says Soryu. "Might as well make things clear right now." Kyo sighs as Soryu's orders but obeys anyway.

"I knew you'd understand, sir!" Inui says. "There's no way I'm losing now!"

"I'm going to win." Samejima retorts. After getting set up, they both start their competition again. I watch them attentively as they shoot one plate after another.