XV.

• chapter fifteen •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the next day and Mei Ling already left. I'm currently looking up tips and information to help me through my pregnancy in Soryu's suite in the hotel. I want to be ready for any upcomings it can cause. I just came back from throwing up and now I can't finish my coffee. Morning sickness is definitely one of the common symptoms, and so is fatigue. I'm only in the second part of the first trimester and I already feel like it's everlasting.

My mouth starts watering at the thought of eating and I automatically get up and head towards the kitchen. Two of my favorite cravings are strawberries and sweet things. I bring out the strawberries, pour some out on a bowl, wash them and return to my spot and continue on the computer.

Soryu is currently not here right now. He had to do something at the Ice Dragons office. I pause and look around the suite, a lonely feeling dawns at me. Will it always be like this? Us two alone because I can't risk our lives? I mean, it's best if don't do much and rest but I'm only two months pregnant. The chances of me losing my baby is low. I think...

I just want some company or talk to someone or some attention from Soryu. I'm really needy and clingy lately. And very emotional...

My phone starts ringing and I get excited, in hopes that it's Soryu. My smile falls and my hopes die and get replaced with confusion. I answer my brother's call. "Hello?"

I hear the smack of his lips. "Why do you always sound confused when you pick up?"

"Why do you never greet back when you call?" I match his tone.

Adrian smacks his lips again. There's a short pause. "Touché,"

I break into a smile. "So, what's up?" I eat up another strawberry.

"You're barely eating breakfast?" He inquires. "It's like, about to be noon."

I check the time. It's barely eleven. I frown. "Why do you love exaggerating? It's barely eleven, pendejo." Stupid. "And no, I'm eating strawberries. They're currently my favorite."

"Cravings, huh?" I hear him chuckle. "You sound better."

"I am." I admit. "I already told him. Everyone else knows too, so I'm content."

"Who's everyone else?" He inquires, confused.

"Oh, um, everyone else that lives here in the Penthouse." I wait for Adrian to say something but he doesn't. "You know... Ichinomiya, the detective, the thief, Kisaki..."

"Oh, right. Shit. My bad,"

I laugh to myself. "So, how are you? You sound happy or much better than last time." Last time he called me was before Soryu was taken by the police. It's been a long time.

I hear a content chuckle. "I don't think she hates me anymore." I snicker and he goes on to tell me about how he's fixing things with the woman that left a huge impact on my older brothers life. I don't remember the last time he's had a girlfriend. Or I don't think he's never had one? No wonder he sounds happy - I guess it's safe to say.

I guess it's a cute normal way for someone in the mafia of how they met over in the states. Adrian said he was supposed to have a brief meeting with someone at the Cafe the girl worked in to make it seem normal. Her name is Melissa, apparently.

Adrian said he was contacting the person days before the meeting for business. It was someone outside of the mafia but who had power. He didn't say anything else but that. The person never showed up and Adrian practically stayed all day in the Cafe waiting, in case he was being watched and tested - in case they had set back ups to hurt the public. Not wanting to cause a scene or the Black Crowns trouble, he stayed.