XI.

• chapter eleven •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awaken to the sounds of birds chirping and look beside me. What? He's gone! No, he can't be gone... A jolt of panic hits me and I head towards the door when it opens. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Are you awake, Miss Valdez?" Ryosuke asks and then my vision spins, I hold my head in pain. I stood up too quickly. Head rush.

"I was going to wake you up, but Soryu said to let you sleep." Appears Kyo. I blink and hold myself against the wall to steady myself.

"You were sleeping so peacefully..." I sigh in relief when I hear his voice and see his face. I'm so glad he's here.

"What's wrong? You looked panicked and dizzy." Ryosuke notices.

"Well... I was nervous when I saw that Soryu was gone,"

"You really love Mr Oh, don't you!" Ryosuke chirps like the birds outside with glee.

"Don't forget about his feelings," Adds in Kyo. I frown at his words. What's that supposed to mean?

"Don't just stand there, Reina." Says Soryu. I shift my eyes to him. "Change so I can take you home," Soryu and the others leave so I start to change when I see a brochure for the shooting range on the desk. That's where we went the other day. That reminds me...

After I change, I decide to voice out what came into mind. "I haven't seen Samejima lately,"

"Oh, he disappeared." Answers Ryosuke.

He said it so casually. "What?"

"I haven't seen him at the office for a while, and I can't get a hold of him." Says Kyo, troubled.

"Weird things have been happening ever since he showed up," Ryosuke says, annoyed. "And he's never around when it counts. Pretty fishy, right, Kyo!"

It falls quiet as our eyes then follow Soryu as he walks toward the door. "Looks like they're here," He announces. I look out the window and see three black cars outside the building.

"Unmarked police cars," Kyo snarls. Then it hits me. He's leaving today and he's leaving right now! And I don't know what to do or say!

Soryu calmly turns towards Kyo and Ryosuke. "Kyo, don't let the cops see her. Take care of the organization while I'm gone."

"Yes, sir,"

There's a loud knock on the door.

"I'm leaving," Soryu declares, calmly walking towards the front door but then he suddenly stops. Is he going to leave just like that!? He walks straight over to me and pulls me towards him without hesitation. He hugs me against his broad chest and murmurs my name in a low voice into my ear. And I too wrap my arms around him, tears now spilling out of my eyes. "No matter what happens, I will always protect you. So never stop believing in me. I love you,"

"I love you, too." I mumble, my voice muffled. I can't bring myself to tell him the rest. Soryu gives me one last tight squeeze before he releases me and heads straight towards the door. I cover my mouth as I watch him, the cold and emptiness I soon will feel washing over me. My heart begins to ache deeply. Ryosuke follows him, loyal even in a moment like this. I automatically try to chase after him but Kyo stops me.

"You can't, Reina."

I bite my bottom lip as I hear the front door opening.

"Soryu Oh, we're the police. You're coming to the station with us," Says a voice.