IX.

• chapter nine •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For all we know, your whole accident could've been a lie and you're faking your memory loss for sympathy - making it part of your plan." Eisuke adds, a cocky smirk on his lips. Everyone begins to reevaluate and doubt everything about me. Including Soryu.

My eyes begin to burn and my heart aches. I lick my lips and blink out my tears, scoffing. "Do you really think that low of me? You think I would do something that low as fake something as serious as amnesia?" Eisuke stares at me, not reacting. The others look between us, knowing I have a point. I nod my head understanding after not receiving a response from him.

"Wow. I don't know what's more sad; you thinking I'm faking my condition or for you to think of me that low but whatever it is - I'm not leaving Soryu, despite what you say." The tears never make it past the rim of my eyes until now. I turn on my heels and make my way towards Soryu's suite, wiping the tears away.

"She twisted my words." I hear Eisuke hiss in annoyance to Soryu who immediately speaks up, glowering as I turn the corner.

"You don't know Reina like I do so don't be assuming things you don't know."

I wait for Soryu inside his suite, looking outside the one of the windows and wiping the remaining of tears away. I hear the door close and I feel him here but I don't turn around. I can't look him in the eyes and I can't seem to bring myself to say something. I sniff, fending off the tears. I hear Soryu's footsteps get closer. "Did I do something to upset him before I lost my memory?" I say out loud. "Ever since you brought me back... Does he hate me?"

I feel the pair of his strong arms wrap around me, settling his chin on my shoulder with careful movements. My tensed muscles relax into his warmth as I rest my arms over his. "I don't even know who I am anymore," I mumble.

Soryu turns me in his arms and rests his forehead against mine. "I do," I feel a sense of reassurance that I'm not alone. "and you don't have to worry, you have me by your side." And with those words, I'm at ease; all worries leaving me as I breath out, relieved.

"Thank you," I say. "for not giving up on me."

He kisses my forehead then draws me in and hugs me. I missed him. I missed his scent, his skin, his touch, his warmth... I love him. His fingers start raking through my black long hair. "I love you and I'm so glad that you're back."

I raise my head to look at him, a smile forming on my lips and I say the words back, "I love you too," and then he kisses me, slowly and passionately. I pull him closer to me as his mouth takes his time to memorize mine again, his hands tightening their grip on my hips. In between kisses he says, "I missed you so much" and leaves his lips on mine as to seal it. I smile into the kiss.

I then pull back for air, both of us lowly panting, sharing our breaths. I bite my bottom lip out of nervousness as I look down. I lock eyes with him as I say my next words. "Could you say that... you need me?"

He pecks my lips and says without hesitation, "You and everything you come with."

It catches me off guard how he said it with no hesitation. I want to cry. I don't think I've ever been so in love with anyone like I am with Soryu. It's frightening and even risky, but I'll take it with no regrets. I can't put to words how happy I am or to even describe how much I love him.

+++

Soryu plays with my hair after our intimate moment together, his head resting on his hand propped up and laying on his side. I watch him, smiling, happy that he didn't give up on me. If I were him, I would have probably given up a long time ago. This just proves how much he loves me and that's it's real. I've never heard his thoughts on me, my accident or on what I did and done. I've heard part of it but I know there's more he has to say.