Chapter 3: Talking about tomorrow night

Three hours later, Michelle was walking towards her car and J. Cole was following her. She got in the car and he closed it for her. He put his arms through the window and they looked at each other. "It was good seein' you again up close face to face," said Michelle and they half-laughed. "The same here," said J. Cole and they smiled at each other. "Um, when we were livin' in NYC, I kinda liked you, and I had a major crush on you, I was afraid to tell you that, I was nervous, and when I wanted to tell you that, I was saved by the bell," said Michelle and he half-laughed. "What would you think I would've done?" said J. Cole and she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, but I was afraid that you would feel awkward when I tell you that," said Michelle. "Well, you don't have to be afraid nor nervous again, and honestly, I would've been surprised, and I would've asked you out, if you felt that way, back then," said J. Cole. "Really?" said Michelle. "Yeah, really, what're you doin' tomorrow night?" said J. Cole. "Not here, I'm gon' be too busy workin' with some more artists on their new moves, sorry, if I knew that you were gonna be comin' down, I would've worked, tomorrow night," said Michelle. "It's okay, well, then, maybe, next time," said J. Cole. "Yeah, maybe, next time," said Michelle. "I enjoyed you dancin' all on me," said J. Cole and they half-laughed. They smiled at each other and he moved her hair out of her face. "I try to give it my all, you've gotta get the job done right," said Michelle. "You want my money?" said J. Cole. "No, keep it," said Michelle. "Are you sure?" said J. Cole holding a stack of money between two of his fingers and she looked at it. "I'm sure," said Michelle. "You know, I bet none of those niggas that are your usual customers make it rain, I bet they just, oh, I don't know, make it drizzle, instead, but I can make it rain," said J. Cole and she half-laughed. "If I take your money, will you shut up about the situation?" said Michelle. "Mmm, yeah," said J. Cole and kissed the money. He put it on her mouth slowly and kissed it again. She grabbed it and bit her bottom lip. "Thank you, goodnight, Cole," said Michelle. "Goodnight, M," said J. Cole and backed away. She drove away and he watched her go. He got in his car and followed her all the way home. She didn't even know it and she pulled up to her house. She got out of her car and locked it. She went inside her house and closed the door behind her. She locked it and he drove away.