Chapter 5

Royal?

I was a royal? Turning I look at elder Gracie, he gives me a slight tight lipped smile before turning back around with the bowl of blood in his hands.

"You should hurry along now your highness, or else Alpha out there will be pacing the hallways until there's a rut in them." His tired sounding voice spoke, I gave him one last glance in his direction before taking his advise and start to make my way out of the room.

"My queen one more thing." Stopping as I hear him I turn back to him, understanding why Jason hates the titles. "Remember that I am male and you a female, although you are now queen do not disrespect me again by looking into my eyes or speaking at me with out being spoken to."

I was shocked was everyone jumping off the deep end today? looking down I simply nodded my head and continued to make my way out of the room.

Walking out into the hallway I almost walked into the Seething alpha, I could feel his eyes on me, waiting for me to do something.

"Are we going to the dinner now?" My voice sounded shy, but I was just thinking so many things over. Like how did I become the chosen to the one person whom I hate everything they stand for? How did I end up being anyone chosen? I tried everything to not be noticed by any male.  Jason seemed taken back that I was calm and not fighting him right now.

"Come along. We will be at the head table next to my beta and his mate, along with my third and his chosen. " his voice carried over his shoulder to me, I was following his lead nodding my head and still just hardly paying him any attention as my mind was reeling in all the other information It had received all within the last half hour.

I could hear the loud chatter of the newly paired wolves as we got closer, " so your beta and third have chosen their mates too this year?" I asked starting a dry conversation, looking over his shoulder he tossed me a small smile.

" my third did. Where as my beta has been mated for five years, they have a four year old daughter back home."  He explained as we came to the entry way of the large dinning room. The chatter stopped as we came through the door way, Jason placed his arm out for me to take, doing so we start to walk down the row together. I kept my eyes downcast the whole walk to the head table, I didn't want another encounter like I had with elder Gracie I had too much on my plate as is.

Taking out seats the chatter soon started back up again as I just started at the plate of food in front of me.

"I should have known you'd were your dress suit." A feminine voice spoke along with a laugh, turning my shocked gaze to her I was staring at a smiling Ara. She was chosen by the Jason's third ?

"Hey Ara its good to see a familiar face," I spoke with a friendly smile plastered across my face, " I see I wasn't the only one of us chosen today" I added trying to make light of the conversation as Jason was having his own conversation with someone else. At my words Ara casted her eyes down away from my face, and she fiddled with her napkin.

"Ella."

Jason's voice brought me out of my view as I bright my gaze back to him, he had a slight smile on once again as he motioned to where Ara sat.

"This is my beta Darin and his chosen mate Ara, but you've already met her." He smiled at me and I turned to look at Ara, as Darin said a welcoming greeting to me I couldn't hear him over the sound of swooshing blood in my ears, beta? Then that means she was already chosen...?

My heart hurt as the feeling of betrayal engines within me, I just nodded my head once again and turn my vision to focus back on my plate. I had no appetite, feeling no need to eat.

"And this is my third, Conrad and his newly chosen mate, Cecilia." Turning my head to acknowledge the pair I give them a small smile.

"Congratulations on your pairing" I say to them, I can see Jason out of the corner of my eye looking impressed that I didn't make a scene.  I was actually impressed my self, considering all that was going through my mind was confusion and hurt from all different aspects of my day thus far.

Looking down to my lap I fold my hands together, fiddling with a lose strand on my dress pants. Looking up I notice that everyone in the dining room was talking amongst themselves, some would look up towards us then continue on their conversations.

I sat there taking in everything quietly, I watched people as the waiters came to remove our plates and bring out new ones with the main course. turning my attention to the new plate in front of me I still find my self absent of any hunger, so I poke around my plate with my fork, forcing my self to eat a small bite of the tender meat and steamed vegetables every so often.

"I'm really sorry Ella..." I heard Ara's voice speak to me I didn't respond and she took that sign to continue this hushed discussion. "I was asked by the king to find him someone who would be a good queen for him... You show signs of a great leader, you proved that on the bus when taking the hit for another. But you also didn't want to be chosen you're strong enough to be on your own." Her voice was pleading with me, begging me to see her reasoning.

"So out of all the females here, and with knowing how much I didn't want to be chosen you sent me to him?" I harshly whisper back to her, I watch as she lowers her head.

"No I didn't chose you I had a small list, but you were at the top. Alpha Jason chose you out of the list, it was before I even gave him my explanation on why I had you listed... But once I did he seemed adamant that you were the one he chose." I looked up to her eyes and watched as she explained what happened for me.

"Thank you. For telling me.." I say as I turn my attention to the wait who was now placing a desert in front of me. 

"After desert, we will get ready and leave for the castle. It will be a long drive from here." I hear Jason's voice enter my ear, his breath fanning over my neck, I can still smell just a hint of arousal still on him. Turing towards him I come face to face with him.

"Yes your highness."  And quickly a scowl covered his face, he was furious with me once again but I could care less. I had found out why it was me he chose but why chose a mate to begin with when he was obviously happier with out one and I wanted an explanation.

Here you guys go! The newest update! You guys are amazing please vote and comment and I hope to have another update up soon maybe later today !
Thanks again!