Chapter 10: Talking With Izumo

(Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading my book *smiles faintly*. I thought no one would read it to be honest but I was surprised when people voted and commented on the book. Thank you so much to all of you who are reading this book and I hope you enjoy the chapter. Bye dear readers😄)

~Previous Chapter~

'All done. All that's left for me to do is to wait for Izumo to call or text me' I switch my phone on and saw the time was 2:58 in the afternoon. I hear someone knock and I make my way to the door. I open it and see Izumo smirking.

"Well aren't you going to give me a hug Kira?"

~Back To The Chapter~

*Rei's Point Of View*

I stood there rooted to the ground looking at him with wide eyes. "I-Izumo....? Is that.......really you...?" I asked him still doubting that I'm seeing Izumo right in front of me. He chuckled and embraced me in his warm and muscular arms.

"The one and only R-chan" he whispered in my ear while tightening his hold on me. I hesitantly return his embrace and bury my face in his slightly covered neck because of his red scarf similar to a necktie.

"You have no idea how much I missed you Rei" he mumbled so only I could hear.

"I have missed you too....Izumo" I close my eyes feeling the lack of sleep overflow my system. After a while he lets go of me and looks at me questionably.

"Are you not going to invite me in R-chan?" a smirk appears on his face. I sigh in annoyance at the nickname he came up with long ago and moved away from the door so I could let him in.

"Of course, do come in good Sir" I bowed down with my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why thank you fine Lady" he gently kisses my forehead and walks in my hotel room. He sits down on the the couch and looks around the room. I close the door behind me and walked up to the wall and leaned against it.

Now that I took a good look at him, you can see he's changed a lot. Izumo is a tall, slim young man with short dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. His HOMRA insignia is located on his right shoulder blade.

He wears a long sleeved white shirt with an upturned collar, including a red scarf fashioned similarly to a necktie or a black scarf wrapped over it and around his shoulders, and a opened black jacket. He wears blue jeans held up by a brown belt with a unique, layered buckle, and black shoes, which are adorned with a white padding on the nose.

He also sometimes wears a long-sleeved, dark blue shirt with black patches of cloth on the shoulders. Wrapped round his neck is a short, dark blue poncho patterned with white lines intersecting each other and tassels hanging on the borders. Izumo's poncho is tucked under a high-collared, black jacket that accordingly fits with his simple black trousers and black shoes.

Izumo hair is combed more neatly and pushed his bangs away from his face. His hair before was much more different, his hair was unkempt and his bangs fell freely over his forehead.

He wears black-rimmed sunglasses with purple shades on covering his hazel eyes.

"You like the view Rei? I could show you more if you want. All you need to do is to just ask" he caught me looking at him and winked.

"No thank you Izumo, I'm fine" I sigh in slight annoyance because of his constant flirting. 'His appearance has most certainly changed but his constant flirting with girls is a straight NO' I rub the back of my neck.

"Don't be such a buzzkill Rei. Loosen up, for me?" he say to me with a slightly pleading look. I keep quiet and look at the ground. I suddenly shake my head and raise my head so I could look at him.

"Even if I wanted to Izumo....I simply can't" I answer him after a long pause.

"Why can't you R-chan?" he asked slightly curious.

"It's nothing important...." I answer him and push myself off the wall.

*Izumo's Point Of View*

"It's nothing important...." she answers me and pushes herself off the wall.

'She really isn't the same Rei Kira I used to know. What happened to you that made you build stronger walls around you?' I ask myself but don't voice my thoughts.

I get up from the couch and walk up to her. I hug her from behind and kiss the side of her neck gently. I feel her body become slightly tense but doesn't make a move to struggle against my hold.

"Rei I only want to help you. Your someone I deeply care about. I wouldn't be able to bare it if something or someone did something to you" I tell her and kiss her jawline.

"T-Thank you......Izumo" she answers while resting her warm hands on top of mine which were wrapped around her lower stomach.