Chapter 27: What?....

~Previous Chapter~

"...I started making my way back but my path was blocked-" Rei jet again gets interrupted but now by Yata.

"Your path was blocked by what exactly?" he asks her.

".......By some cloaked figures....." Rei answers after some seconds.

"Cloaked figures you say..." I mutter quietly to myself. She nods and leans her back slowly on the couch, careful not to hurt Anna's arms that were around her stomach.

'Anna slept while hugging Rei....she's always been fond of Rei right from the very start she met her...' A faint smile touching the corners of my mouth and warming my gaze.

*Rei's Point Of View*

'I'm surprised Anna slept while hugging me...she usually does that when she's near Mikoto....' I barely noticeable smile appears on my face. I tear my gaze away from Anna and look at Mikoto who has is amber eyes closed.

'I wonder if he listened to what I said..'

"Are you done looking at me Rei?" Mikoto opens his eyes lazily while smirking.

"Don't get so full of yourself Red King" I give him a blank look while rolling me eyes. His smirk widens while his posture changes.

'What I would give to go to my room and just sleep...'

~Back To The Chapter~

*Second Person's Point Of View*

The brunette slowly unwrapped
The young girl's small arms that were around her stomach and slowly set them down by her side.

"Rei, what are you doing?" a slim young man with short, neatly-combed light brown hair and brown eyes asked the young adolescent. She turned her attention away from the young girl to the young man that was standing near her.

"...I'm taking Anna to her own room to rest comfortably" the adolescent answered Totsuka while carefully shifting Anna's body on her lap.

"Let me help you Rei to carry Anna" Totsuka offered the brown haired beauty. She let a soft smile to overcome her facial features and shook her head.

"It's fine really but if you want you can open the doors for me" she softly replies to him.

*Totsuka's Point Of View*

I blink a few times trying to rid off the shock I'm currently experiencing but I simply can't. 'Did I just see Rei smile?' I let a bright smile to appear on my face and nod vigorously. Rei shakes her head softly and wraps her arms under Anna's legs. She gestures for me to go ahead and slowly gets up from the red couch.

*Rei's Point Of View*

"See you all tomorrow" I quietly say while walking after Totsuka who already left. The responses I got from the others was a 'goodnight' from Izumo, a 'night' from Mikoto and a 'see you tomorrow' from Yata.

'What a day....don't you say Kirai...' I ask him.

'Your right...but I still enjoyed it in some aspects' he responses to me telepathically while smirking.

'Enjoyed it? In what way?' I press on and stop, waiting for Totsuka to open Anna's room door.

'I got to enjoy it with you of course' his smirk widens even further. My breath hitches slightly while looking away. I cut off the mind link and see Totsuka already opened the door.

"Thank you Totsuka, you really didn't have to" I thank him while walking in Anna's room.

"It's no problem Rei, good night see you tomorrow" he smiles and walks out Anna's room.

I make my way to Anna's king size bed and gently set her down on her bed. I cover Anna with her red covers and gently lay a soft kiss on her forehead. I move away from her and make my way out her room. I quietly shut the door behind me and walk to my room which was at the end of the corridor.

'Finally I'm free and can go in my room in peace...' I let out a tired sigh and grasp the door handle. I push the door open and close it shut behind me.

'Master...why did you cut off the mind link?' Kirai asks while advancing forward towards me.

"You know there is not need for mind link when your out the weapon Kirai" I say while crossing my arms over my chest.

"You still haven't answered my question Rei" He stops until there is a bit of space between us.

"You were making me feel uncomfortable Kirai" I answer him while turning my gaze away from him. I could feel his piercing ice gold eyes bore into my form making me slightly shudder.

"I made my Master uncomfortable?...Thats nonsense...actually, in truth I made your heartbeat increase" he smirks while his eyes gleam in amusement.

"Keep saying that to yourself Kirai...keeping saying that" I roll my eyes while letting a low sigh come out my parted lips.

Out of nowhere Kirai grabs ahold of my hands and pulls me towards him.

"Kirai what are you-", I was interrupted but him pressing his first finger against my lips.

"Your not going to say anything Master...all your going to do is sit back and enjoy the show" he trails his pale finger down my lips while bringing me closer to him.

'W-What?.....'

(Hi everyone, I'm so sorry for taking so long in updating this chapter, I hope you all forgive me😓. Anyway on the more positive notice I hope you enjoy this chapter and also don't forget to let me know in what you thought of it. Bye, until next time😋)