Chapter 25: Questions

~Previous Chapter~

'...I don't know Rei...but whatever they are here for it mustn't be a good reason...' I answer her clearly getting a bad vibe about them. I let Rei take control of her body and I disappear back into the katana.

*Rei's Point Of View*

"It feels nice having my body back" I stretch my sore muscles while ignoring the cold.

My phone rings making me stiff. 'It must be Izumo calling me' I sigh in irritation and fish my phone out my hoodie pocket. I press the answer button.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Rei where are you? You ok? We are all worried sick about you?" surprisingly Totsuka called.

"I appreciate your concern Totsuka but I'm ok...I just ran in some trouble, nothing big" I explain to him while keeping my guard up.

"Be back as soon as you can Rei..I don't want anything back happening to you" he pleads.

"Don't worry I'll be there.." I end the call and shove my phone back in my pocket.

I use my inhuman speed to appear in front of the bar and walk up the stone stairs. Once I reached the top, I opened the bar door to be welcomed by Totsuka and Anna running towards me full speed.

"Rei!! Your back!" They both shout in unison while having tears running down their faces.

~Back To The Chapter~

*Rei's Point Of View*

I stiffen slightly in shock while watching both Totsuka and Anna having crystal transparent tears running down their faces.

'....Did I cause this?..' I mentally sweat drop while feeling a slight overwhelming feeling of guilt grow in the pit of my stomach.

'...Who knew that you would make someone cry Rei' Kirai smirks while watching them clearly amused. I just dismissed Kirai's comment and scanned them both closely.

"Why are you two crying?" I raise a dark brow while waiting for them to answer but all I got in return is a bone crushing hug from Totsuka and a gentle hug to my waist by Anna.

"Rei! Why didn't you come earlier? We were so worried about you!" he tightens his hold around the upper half of my body, resulting in me unconsciously gasping for some sweet air.

"...T-Totsuka...air....I-I n-need...air" I managed to voice out while my line of vision slightly blurred. Once hearing my request, he loosened his embrace and let go of me.

"I'm sorry Rei" he showed a expression of worry.

'His grip sure was tight....I could barely breath properly...' I blink a few times to clear my sight and let out a sigh of relief when Totsuka released me from his iron embrace. I inhaled some air refreshing my insides while shutting my eyes feeling slightly void.

"...It's alright, don't worry....Totsuka" I reply to his apology after a few seconds of dragged silence.

"Rei..."

I open my slightly heavy eyelids and look down to where I heard my name being called.

".....You really don't need to be crying for me...Anna.." I bring my hand which was by my side, to rest on top of Anna's head and stroke her soft white hair.

"You really shouldn't say that Rei".

I turn my head to where Izumo was leaning against the wall near the bar counter.

'Since when was Izumo here?'

"Oh? And whys that Izumo?" I ask, clearly not wanting him to answer any of the questions I just asked.

"That's because we care for you too much".

'We'll see if you will later on...'

I bring my other hand that was by my side, to my head and run my fingers through my hair. Before I could say anything Mikoto a.k.a the Red King opened his closed amber eyes and shifted his hard gaze to me.

"Where were you?" came his rough reply.

'Why do they appear out of nowhere? When was Mikoto lying in the couch anyway?' I run my slightly sore temples.

"..I ran into some unwanted trouble...that's why I couldn't come any sooner.." I hesitantly reply while alerting my gaze to where Yata just walked in.

"Why the hell are you so late back Rei?" came Yata's rude reply but deep down he was genuinely worried.

'...I really don't understand why they care so much..when I left them before..'

"Rei will tell us why she came this late" Izumo pushed his body from the wall and walked to the bar counter.

"It's getting late.., I'll explain to you all tomorrow..." I mutter softly to myself but loud enough for them to hear.

"We have time Rei...so sit down and explain" Mikoto ordered while narrowing his amber eyes as if saying 'I won't take no for an answer'.

I softly bite the inside my cheek in annoyance but non the less went along with it.

I make my way with Anna still in my arms, to the red couch where Mikoto sat. I settled Anna on the couch between me and Mikoto and made myself comfortable.

"All of you take a seat....this might get ugly..." was my only reply while I watched Totsuka and Yata quickly sit down on the bar chairs.

'....Here it goes...'

(Hi dear readers, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and also don't forget to tell me what you think of the chapter/book in the comment section below. Until next time readers!😋)