The Christmas Invasion Pt.3

I was grabbing my laptop when I saw Rose mopping the still unconcious Doctor's brow "Any change?"

"He's worse. Just one heart beating," I remained silent as I wasn't sure what to do and headed into the living room.

A reporter on the TV still talking about Guinevere One "Scientists in charge of Britain's mission to Mars have re-established contact with Guinevere One space prove. They're expecting the fist transmission from the planet's surface in the next few minutes,"

"Yes, we are. We're, we're back on schedule. We've received the signal from Guinevere One. The Mars landing would seem to be an unqualified success,"

"But is it true that you completely lost contact earlier tonight?"

"Yes, we had a bit of a scare. Guinevere seemed to fall off the scope, but it, it was just a blip. Only disappeared for a few seconds. She is fine now, absolutely fine. We're getting the first pictures transmitted like any minute now. I'd better get back to it, thanks,"

"Here we go," Mickey called out me and Rose looking towards him "pilot fish. Scavengers, like the Doctor said. Harmless. They're tiny. But the point is, the little fish swim alongside the big fish,"

"Do you mean like sharks?" Rose asked him

"Great big sharks. So, what the Doctor means is, we had them, now we get that,"

"Something is coming." I muttered "How close?"

"There's no way of telling, but the pilot fish don't swim far from their daddy,"

"So, it's close?" Rose asked again

"Funny sort of rocks," we all turned to look at the TV which was broadcasting

"The first photographs," a reporter explained but Rose's face was pale.

"That's not rocks,"

"This image is being transmitted via mission control, coming live from the depths of space on Christmas morning," a red-eyed aglien with a head of a goat's skull appeared, growling and gurgling at the screen. "The face of an alien life form was transmitted live tonight on BBC1,"

"Oh...Dean's not going to believe this," I sighed as I began working on my laptop "Rose. Take a look. I've got access to the military."

"How'd you do that?" Mickey asked me

I shrugged "I have my hobbies. They're tracking a spaceship. It's big, it's fast, and it's coming this way,"

"Coming for what, though?" she questioned "The Doctor?"

I looked back at her "I don't know."

"Maybe it's coming for all of us." Mickey wondered as I showed a clearer picture of the four aliens "Have you seen them before?"

"No," she shook her head "I don't understand what they're saying. The TARDIS translates alien languages inside y head, all the time, wherever I am,"

"What's a TARDIS?"

"It's spaceship," Mickey simplified "So, why isn't it doing it now?"

She shook her head "I don't know,"

"Must be the Doctor." I offered "Like he's part of the circuit, and he's..." I stopped myself but Rose knew what I was going to say

"He's broken," Rose stood up and walked to the bedroom and we saw that Jackie had fallen asleep by the bedside "The Doctor wouldn't do this. The old Doctor, the proper Doctor, he'd wake up. He'd save us,"

"You really love him, don't you?" Rose turned to Mickey and the two hugged while I only looked away as I heard a commotion outside

"What is wrong with you? Jason? Jason?"

The duo followed me outside to see a bunch of people walking through the estate "Sandra?" Rose asked

"He won't listen." Sandra told us "He's just walking. He won't stop walking! There's this sort of light thing. Jason? Stop it right now! Please, Jason, just stop,"

"They're going to the rooftop..." I muttered

"What do we do?"

"Nothing. There's no one to save us. Not anymore," we walked back to the flat and I couldn't help but begin pacing as Harriet Jones discussed the situation

"Ladies and gentlemen," she addressed "if I may take a moment during this terrible time. It's hardly the Queen's speech. I'm afraid that's been cancelled." she looked to the side "Did we ask about the royal family? Oh. They're on the roof,"

"Oh that'll definately calm us down," I muttered

"But, ladies and gentlemen, this crisis is unique, and I'm afraid to say, it might get much worse. I would ask you all to remain calm. But I have one request. Doctor, if you're out there." I stopped pacing and looked at Rose "we need you. I don't know what to do. If you can hear me, Doctor. If anyone knows the Doctor, if anyone can find him, the situation has never been more desperate. Help us. Please, Doctor. Help us. God help us," Rose officially broke down

"He's gone. The Doctor's gone. He's left me, mum. He's left me, mum,"

"It's all right. I'm sorry," the glass shattered and I pushed them down and surveyed the damage.

"Touchdown,"