The Sound of Drums [4]

"My fellow Americans, patriots, people of the world." The President addressed "I stand before you today as an ambassador for humanity, a role I will undertake with the utmost solemnity. Perhaps our Toclafane cousins can offer us much, but what is important is not that we gain material benefits, but that we learn to see ourselves anew,"

The Doctor, Martha, Jack, Sam, Dean, and Castiel entered the flight deck quietly.

"For as long as man has looked at the stars, he has wondered what mysteries they hold. Now we know we are not alone," The President continued.

"This plan, you going to tell us?" Dean whispered.

"What happened to going after Dick?" The Doctor retorted.

"He's not in the room. And Sam was able to explain that we need to focus on one problem at a time, and it seems that your doomsday thingy is the biggest problem at the moment,"

"No longer unique in the universe," The President continued.

"If I can get this around the Master's neck, cancel out his perception, they'll see him for real. It's just hard to go unnoticed with everyone on red alert. If they stop me you've got a key,"

The Winchesters nodded.

"And Ange?" Dean wondered.

The Doctor sighed "We'll get there when we get there. I'm just as worried as you are,"

Dean let out a scoff.

"And I ask you now, I ask the human race, to join with me in welcoming our friends. I give you the Toclafane," The President introduced as four spheres appeared. My name is Arthur Coleman Winters, President-Elect of the United States of America, and designated representative of the United Nations. I welcome you to the planet Earth and its associated moon,"

"You're not the Master," A sphere said.

"We like the Mister Master," A Female sphere claimed.

"We don't like you," Another sphere said.

"I can be master if you so wish. I will accept mastery over you if that is God's will," The President said.

"Man is stupid,"

"Master is our friend," A sphere said.

"Where's my Master, pretty please?" A female sphere asked.

"Oh, all right then." The Master said as he entered "It's me. Tada! Sorry, sorry, I have this effect. People just get obsessed. Is it the smile? Is it the aftershave? Is it the capacity to laugh at myself? I don't know. It's crazy,"

"Saxon, what are you talking about?" The President demanded.

"We're taking control," Dick Roman claimed as he entered the room.

The Doctor felt the Winchesters shift.

"Kill him," The Master ordered.

A sphere pointed its weapon at the President and blasted him into little pieces.

The Master laughed and applauded.

"Guards," Dick Roman called out as the guns were drawn on him and the Master.

"Nobody move! Nobody move!" Guards ordered the room.

"Now then, people of the Earth." The Master addressed "Please attend carefully,"

The Doctor took off his key and tried to run forward.

Two men in black grabbed him "Stop him!"

"We meet at last, Doctor." The Master grinned "Oh, ho. I love saying that,"

"Stop it! Stop it now!" The Doctor said.

"As if a perception filter's going to work on me. And look, it's the girl and the freak. Although, I'm not sure which one's which,"

"And the Winchesters and their angel," Dick Roman grinned "I must thank you Castiel for helping me and my kind come into this world,"

Castiel glared darkly at the Leviathan.

Jack ran forward.

The Master zapped him with his screwdriver. "Laser screwdriver. Who'd have sonic? And the good thing is, he's not dead for long. I get to kill him again!"

"Master, just calm down." The Doctor said "Just look at what you're doing. Just stop. If you could see yourself,"

"Oh, do excuse me." The Master told Dick Roman "Little bit of personal business. Back in a minute." he looked over at the guards "let him go,"

"It's that sound. The sound in your head. What if I could help?"

"Oh, how to shut him up? I know. Memory Lane. Professor Lazarus. Remember him and his genetic manipulation device? What, did you think that little Tish got that job merely by coincidence? I've been laying traps for you all this time. And if I can concentrate all that Lazarus technology into one little screwdriver? But, oo, if I only had the Doctor's biological code. Oh, wait a minute, I do." The Master opened a large metal briefcase "I've got his hand. And if Lazarus made himself younger, what if I reverse it? Another hundred years?" He aimed his screwdriver at the Doctor, who went into rapid convulsions. Saxon stopped and the Doctor now had the body of a very old man.

Martha crawled to the Doctor's side "Doctor, I've got you,"

"Aw, she's a would-be doctor. But tonight, Martha Jones, we've flown 'em in all the way from prison,"

The door slid open and guards escorted in Francine, Clive, Tish, and Angela.

"Ange," Dean called out.

Angela's skin bristled when she saw her family there and the Doctor in pain. Angela glared over at the two villains and pushed passed her guards into her brothers' arms "I'm sorry," she cried.

"The Toclafane, who are they?" The Doctor asked breathing heavily "Who are they?"

"Doctor, if I told you the truth, your hearts would break," Saxon admitted.

"Is it time?" A Toclafane asked.

"Is it ready?" Another questioned.

"Is the machine singing?"

"Two minutes past. So, Earthlings. Basically, er, end of the world. Here come the drums!" The Master announced.

A tear appeared in the sky above the Valiant and thousands of spheres poured out.

"How many do you think?" The Master asked his wife.

"I, I don't know," Lucy stammered.

"Six billion. Down you go, kids!"

The spheres headed to the population centers and opened fire.

"Shall we decimate them? That sounds good. A nice word, decimate. Remove one-tenth of the population!"

"Cas," Angela spoke up.

Dean noticed Angela's look and shook his head "Ange...no!"

"We all can't go, Dean. Besides," Angela glanced back at the Doctor "I can't leave him like this,"

"We have a plan, Ange..." Dean argued "We can make it work,"

Angela shook her head and looked back at the Doctor as he whispered something in Martha's ear. "Cas, get them out of here." she looked back at the boys "Take care of Martha..." Angela took Dean's gun and went towards Dick Roman.

Dick Roman smiled teasingly as he watched the girl Winchester "Looks like our girl's still got some bite,"

"Go to hell," Angela seethed as she changed her aim towards a Toclafan and fired.

Chaos ensued, Sam was able to grab Martha and get her out as Dean wanted to push through the crowd and get to his sister.

"Ange!" Dean cried out.

Angela gave him one last look as guards finally took her down.

Dean wrestled against Cas as the angel pulled him away from the fight, withing a blink of an eye he, Sam, Martha, and Cas stood on a patch of land watching as London burned. "We've got work to do,"