Blink Pt. 3

"Look, I know how mad I'm sounding," Sally explained to the Desk Sergeant, the Winchesters and Castiel had voted to wait outside, seeing as they knew how this sort of stuff went.

"Shall we try it from the beginning this time?" The Desk Sergeant questioned

"Okay. There's this house. A big old house, been empty for years, falling apart. Wester Drumlins, out by the estate. You've probably seen it,"

"Wester Drumlin?"

"Yes,"

"Could you just wait here for a minute?" The Desk sergeant left her. Sally turned around to see two statues on the church opposite. She blinked, and they had disappeared.

"Okay, cracking up now,"

"Hi." Billy greeted Sally "DI Billy Shipton. Wester Drumlins, that's mine. Can't talk to you now, got a thing I can't be late for, so if you could just..." Billy realized who he was talking to "Hello,"

"Hello,"

"Eh, Marcie," Billy turned to look at one of the officers "can you tell them I'm going to be late for that thing?"

***

"All of them?" Sally asked as she and Billy walked through the underground car park.

"Over the last two years, yeah. They all still have personal items in them and a couple still had the motor running," Billy explained about the cars that were currently in the park.

"So over the last two years, the owners of all of these vehicles have driven up to Wester Drumlins House, parked outside and just disappeared," Sally took note of a 1960's style police box in the corner. "What's that?"

"Ah! The pride of the Wester Drumlins collection. We found that there, too. Somebody's idea of a joke, I suppose,"

"But what is it? What's a police box?"

"Well, it's a special kind of phone box for policemen. They used to have them all over. But this isn't a real one. The phone's just a dummy, and the windows are the wrong size. We can't even get in it. Ordinary Yale lock, but nothing fits. But that's not the big question. See, you're missing the big question,"

"Okay, what's the big question?"

"Will you have a drink with me?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Drink? You? Me? Now?"

"Aren't you on duty, Detective Inspector Shipton?"

"Nope. Knocked off before I left." Billy explained "Told them I had a family crisis,"

"Why?" Sally asked

"Because life is short and you are hot. Drink?"

"No,"

"Ever?"

"Maybe,"

"Phone number?"

"Moving kind of fast, DI Shipton,"

"Billy. I'm off duty,"

"Aren't you just," Sally wrote in a notebook.

"Is that your phone number?"

"Just my phone number. Not a promise. Not a guarantee. Not an IOU. Just a phone number,"

"And that's Sally?"

"Sally Shipton." Sally realized what she said "Sparrow!" she quickly corrected "Sally Sparrow. I'm going now. Don't look at me,"

"I'll phone you,"