The Girl in the Fireplace Pt. 1

The Doctor emerged from the TARDIS, I followed behind him with Rose and Mickey following behind us holding hands. "It's a spaceship!" Mickey exclaimed "Brilliant, I got a spaceship on my first go!"

I looked at the Doctor "Looks kind of abandoned..."

"Anyone on board?" Rose asked

"Nah, nothing here. Well! Nothing dangerous." I gave him a pointed look "Well! Not that dangerous." I kept glaring at him "You know what, I'll just have a quick scan...in case there's anything dangerous," Rose smirked at me as he walked over to a control panel in the center of the room and started tapping at some buttons.

I rolled my eyes "So, what's the date?" I asked him "How far we gone?"

"About three thousand years into your future, give or take," he pulled a switch causing the lights to turn on, and the roof to gradually open into a window revealing the stars outside. "Fifty-first century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home Mickey! Two and a half galaxies!"

Mickey moved to a porthole, Rose walking over to him and placing her hands on his shoulders smiling. "Mickey Smith meet the universe. See anything you like?" the duo smiled as they kissed and I looked towards the Doctor who was rummaging around the control panel.

"It's so realistic!"

"Dear me, had some cowboys in here! Got a ton of repair work going on." I walked over to join him as he looked at a screen "Now that's odd, look at that. All the warp engines are going...full capacity! There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe...and we're not moving. So where's all that power going?"

"Where'd all the crew go?" I questioned

"Good question, no life readings on board,"

"Well, we're in deep space; they didn't just nip out for a quick smoke,"

"Nope, checked all the smoking pods," he sniffed "Can you smell that?"

"Yeah, someone's cooking," The Doctor pressed a button a door opened behind us. We walked through to see part of the wall and floor with 18th decor.

"Well, there's something you don't see in your average spaceship. Eighteenth century! French! Nice mantel." he pulled out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the fireplace "Not a hologram," He bent down to examine it as Mickey and Rose came in "Not even a reproduction, this actually is an eighteenth century French fireplace. Double-sided, there's another room through there,"

"There can't be," Rose said disbelieving "that's the outer hull of the ship, look,"

"Hello!" we all turned and saw the Doctor talking to a young girl.

"Hello..."

"What's your name?"

"Reinette,"

"Reinette, that's a lovely name. Can you tell me where you are at the moment, Reinette?"

"In my bedroom,"

"And where's your bedroom? Where do you live, Reinette?"

"Paris, of course!"

"Paris, right!"

"Monsieur, what are you doing in my fireplace?"

"Oh, it's just a routine fire check. Can you tell me what year it is?"

"Of course I can. Seventeen hundred and twenty seven,"

"Right, lovely. One of my favorites. August is rubbish though. Stay indoors. Okay, that's all for now. Thanks for your help. Hope you enjoy the rest of the fire. Night, night,"