Chapter 6-Infinity Gems and Lost Memories

Steve's POV
There was a knock at my door.I glance over at my clock and it reads 1:12. Who could be awake at a time like this?

Getting up from bed and opening the door, I was surprised to see that it was Natasha. She seemed cool and calm but her eyes told a different story.

"What's wrong?" She looks at me one more time before saying what she needs to say.

"It's Sheba, she's having a nightmare and won't wake up."

  "What's wrong with having nightmare?"

"You know how she can control her powers but when she's emotional she can't." I nod. "Well her whole room is levitating and bits of electricity are going off of her. We've tried to wake her up but nothing so I thought that you could wake her up." At that I ran out of my room and towards her.

Just outside the door I could hear screaming. Panicked that someone could be inside I rushed in to find her floating and so of her other things. She's screaming and whispering something.

Walking closer I hear only one word, "Infinitely Gems." Shock took me over and I just stood there looking at her before Natasha brought me back to the real world.

Slowly I walked up to Sheba and shook her gentle. Nothing. I shook her harder still nothing, then I tried the same thing I did back at the warehouse.

"Hey freckles, it's me Steve. Listen to my voice and my voice only. Concentrate on how I sound and how everyone is worried about you. Listen to my voice and ignore the rest. Listen to me, it's all fake." At that everything falls down and so does she.

Sheba lands on the bed and then bolts awake. Her eyes were golden which meant she had Electricity powers.

"Calm down, it was all a dream. Your safe here with me and all of SHIELD. Nobody is coming here to take you." I hugged her and she hugged me back. Her red hair fell over my shoulders and she started to cry but this time everything stayed in place.

She was the first to pull away from the hug. "I know something about the Infinity Gems." That got me and Nat shocked.

The Infinity Gems were the most powerful gems. No person could hold them without getting killed or controlled by them. They were also spread out in different places on earth and space. If Sheba knew about the stones this could be our advantage.

"We'll talk about that tomorrow when everyone is already awake." She looked at me confused besides seeing the time.

"Sorry that I woke you guys up." Natasha just said goodnight and left. As for me I stayed with Sheba until she fell asleep. I managed to fall asleep on the floor next to her at around 2:00.

Sheba's POV
Steve had fallen asleep on the floor. I smiled at how he would sleep on the floor just to make sure that I was ok. Getting off the bed and place Steve on the bed I take a quick glance at the time.6:30 am.

Back at HYDRA they would wake me up at 6:00 sharp so that I could start training and all that other stuff. And so over time my brain was used to waking up early in the morning and the worst part was that when I wake up I can't go back to bed.

That's why when I woke up at 6:30 in the morning I went to take a quick shower and changed into the clothes that SHIELD gave me. They also gave me socks and boots which I gladly wore as well.

Before leaving to go outside I left a note on the nightstand, next to my bed, that told Steve I was going to do some runs around the Helicarrier.

At the door I glance back at the sleeping Steve, he just looks so adorable with his face all relaxed and it just made him look so cute. I close the door quietly and went off to the door that leads outside.