Chapter 38-First Piece of the Puzzle

Sheba's POV
It's in the outskirts of New York in the few places where there's grass and trees. I was placed in the middle of the field looking around there was nothing to be found.

  The wind was a bit hard since it was October 17 but to my ghostly figure I didn't feel the cold yet somehow knew that it was cold.

There wasn't much to tell from my location. A river or something with water wasn't too far, maybe 10 feet away north. A forest was northeast from where I stood but other than that there wasn't much.

Turning around a few more times I would see some buildings of New York and sometimes I would see Avengers Tower. Then that gave me an idea.

Looking directly from where Avengers Tower could be seemed from the outskirts of New York and using a bit of math as well I could determine where this location was.

From my position I was staring southwest but closer to west. From there the Tower was clearly visible, it wasn't too hard to find either way. The small sunlight shine on the Tower making it glow and shimmer. Giving hope, I thought.

After getting a clear image of where this grassy area could be seen from Avengers Tower, I looked around my area. Noting down certain things to remember the exact spot I stood before me.

Just a few feet north of me was a single daisy flower. The forest was at least 100 feet away from where I stood. The water sounded to be at least a good 50 feet away from where I stood.

Looking around on the floor I found a small rock but it stuck out like a yellow ballon in a dark ballon bunch. The rock was black and blue strips.

Picking up the rock and placing it down under my foot the world started to shake. Earthquake?Nope, earthquakes would have been more aggressive or softer, whatever was going on was more different.

I'm waking up! Stupid. Concluding that this in fact was more of a vision than dream, I sat down on the grass awaiting for ghostly me to wake up to reality.

I woke to October 18, 2014. My eyelids fluttered open only to be closed once more due to the fact that a small ray of sunlight is hitting the bed I'm currently laying on.

  From behind me I could hear soft even breathing. My mind panicked thinking that it was a stranger in my room but then I thought over the facts and questions in my head like: Why would a stranger snuggle with me?

  Closing my eyes I concentrated on the person behind me. A ghostly version of me is standing at the foot of the bed. Looking down at real me and the man who had theirs arms wrapped around my waist.

  Getting closer to the man I find that he had blond hair. Taking closer steps I find myself looking at Cap. What's Cap doing in my bed? Then it came back to me, yesterday I had asked if he stayed and being the gentleman he is, he stayed and fell asleep with me.

  Re-opening my eyes the harsh sunlight no longer burned my eyes for the sunlight had moved to a different section of the room. I stayed laying on my side looking out at the Never Sleeping City for maybe a few solid 30 minutes before deciding to get out of bed.

  Maybe not. Each time I had tried to wiggle my way out of Steve's grip around my waist, he would hold me closer and pull me closer to his chest. My wings would sometimes hit his face but they're so soft that he doesn't move as much.