Chapter Four: The Invited

Shaking hands with the manager, Khizar Khan thanked him for the delicious meal and the premier service.

"Our busiest times are the weekend. We easily pull in 30 to 40k in a couple of hours." The manager boasted. "Our seating range is vast, and customers who wait for a table, have access to the non-alcoholic bar."
Khizar ran his hand along his tie impressed with the numbers.
"Are you looking to invest, or somewhere to hold your wedding reception?" The manager winked in mischief.
Khizar smiled.
"We have a private suite at the back, if you want to have a look." The manager motioned with his left hand.
"I'm too old for that." Khizar chuckled. "It's my daughter's turn to get married."
"Oh no doctor Khan, you don't look a day over thirty. We can offer you a good rate." He leaned in and whispered.

Khizar bid the eager manager farewell and stepped into the front entrance where a gush of the wind blew into his face. Amirah was in the toilets pretending to answer the call of nature when Khizar knew she was talking to Ayaaz. Khizar took out his keys and made his way to the car park. The lights blinked near the cars and he heard a shuffling sounds.

It was dark, he couldn't make out the figure but heard voices behind the large wheelie bin.
"Who is that?" Khizar turned to his left when he heard the muffling sounds of voice. He flashed his phone camera and found a uniformed waiter with his hands around a woman's waist.

"I'm sorry." Khizar quickly turned away realising he intruded on a private moment.
the woman turned and called out.
"Doctor K!"
When Khizar turned back, he recognised Kara's white dress.
"I'm sorry, I'll get out your way." He allowed her privacy with her waiter and stepped back.
"No wait!" Kara called him back in alarme. She scraped her heel on the ground as she rushed towards Khizar.
"I'm so glad you're here." She looked up at him. Khizar noticed her smudged lipstick and messy hair.
"He was going to-" She paused and pointed at the young waiter.

"What?" Khizar looked at them both.
"I was standing out here for a smoke and he kept staring at me. Then he came over and dragged me here and said I fancied him." She cried pressing her hands to her mouth.
"No I didn't!" The waiter stepped forward in alarm.
"I tried to push him off me doctor K." She looked desperately into Khizar's eyes hoping that he would sympathise.
"I didn't do anything!" The waiter argued. "She's been staring at me all night and now she came over to me-"
"Oh for God's sake look at me." She turned to face the waiter. "You think I would fancy a gimp in a waiter's uniform. You waited all evening for them moment I would be alone." Kara argued.
"Listen-" Khizar extended his arm creating a barrier between Kara and the younger waiter. "I don't know what happened here. But it's obvious-"
"Don't you believe me?" Kara clutched onto his arm.
"What I believe or not, is of no consequence." All he could think of was defusing the argument. "Go sit in the car-" He handed her the keys. "I'll deal with him."
"Don't hit him, I don't want you to get into trouble." She held back.
"I'm not going to get my hands dirty." Khizar straightened his tie. "I'll speak to the manager."
"Oh please no!" The waiter implored and lunged forward with one knee on the floor. "I need this job. If I lose this job they will send me back. I can't go back to India. My parents will kill me." He begged reaching out to Khizar who flinched to his touch.
"What's going on here?!" Amirah approached the cacophony of voices.
"Get her into the car. Go!" Khizar ordered his voice now sharp and commanding.

Amirah held Kara and walked to the car.
"He was all over me. His sticky hands over my bum and my waist. If your dad hadn't had come I don't know what would have happened." Kara wept.
"Don't worry. Dad will sort him out." Amirah stroked Kara's back and soothed her. "Scum like that ought to be behind bars!" Amirah led Kara into the car and sat her in the back seat.