Chapter Eight: Crimson Kara

The rain bore mercilessly upon the heart of Birmingham city, pounding on the windscreen of Khizar's car as the headlights lit the darkness ahead of him. Hip hop music blasted from the stereo and Kara rolled down her window.

"Don't you love the rain?" She reached out relishing the cold drops on her warm flesh.

Khizar turned the volume down, when he reached out to change gears his fingers brushed against Kara's satin soft legs. Dressed in a striking red dress hugging her curves she was a confident and lively young woman.

Then, she unclipped her belt causing the alarm to ping repeatedly and reached up opening the sunroof. She wiggled her neck through the sunroof until she reached out from her waist.

"Have you lost your mind kid? Close the sunroof." Khizar complained with the rain seeping into his car spoiling his upholstery. When he took a sharp right turn, Kara shrieked with excitement. The rain soaked her but she swayed her hips in rhythm of the bass knocking her hips against Khizar's shoulders. Khizar couldn't avoid looking at her sundial figure; her round pert derriere shook hitting the front rear view mirror.

She was indeed an exquisitely beautiful young woman with life pumping through her veins and infected him with her bubbly personality. Khizar turned up the music up and pressed his foot on the accelerator making her shriek with ecstasy.

"Would you mind heading to the High Street?" I need to pick up something from a friend." She climbed inside the car and sat back down closing the sunroof.

"I'm not your taxi." He grumbled. "Put your belt on." He ordered. The annoying passenger alarm was ringing in his ears.
Dripping wet hair, moist lips, Kara checked her mirror and applied a fresh layer of lipstick.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you for earrings." She flicked her hair aside revealing her ear and neck.
When Khizar gave her a brief look, a droplet of water ran down her neck. He swallowed the lump in his throat and lowered the window in need of fresh cold breeze. The strength of her perfume was overpowering.
"Think nothing of it." He looked out of the window.
"I love the earrings." She took out her mobile and clicked taking selfies.

Pouting for the camera, she angled the camera strategically so Khizar's side profile would fit into the screen.
"Look into the camera, Dr K." She leaned her head against his.
"I'm driving." He switched gear brushing his finger  along her bare leg, once again. The car was small, seats were tight and space was restricted. It was inevitable.
"Do you always take pictures? What do you kids do with them?" He asked.
"I'm an Instagram celebrity." She shifted her body towards him and took few more pictures of him.
"Insta-what?"
"Everyone wants to know what I have been up to." She winked at him.
"How riveting(!)" He rolled his eyes his tone laden with sarcasm.
"Here- I'll send you the pictures." She reached out for his phone that was securely placed on a charging dock.
"No-" He reached to grab the phone.
However Kara was quick; she dialled her number from Khizar's phone and saved his number clicking the phone back in the dock."
"So, tell me Dr K, what makes you tick?" She leaned her head against the window and gleamed at him.
"What do you mean by tick?" He indicated left turned.
"What drives you? What makes you wake up in the morning and boils your blood with enthusiasm?"
He gave her a brief look and turned back to the road. She was eager to learn and get under his skin.
"Money. Ambition. Goals." He replied keeping his secrets close to his chest.
"That's professional, what about personal?" She edged closer and pressed her hand on his bare arm feeling the hair under her skin. He moved his hand back on the steering wheel.
"Do you have a special woman in your life? And don't worry, I won't tell Amirah." She winked.
"Yes..... I do." He replied languidly with thought.
On the edge of her seat, she was eager to know more about the woman who would interest Khizar Khan.
"Who?"
"Do you really want to know?" He teased.
"Oh come on, Dr K, you can trust me."
"You won't tell Amirah?"
"Promise-" She closed her lips and pretended to zip them.
"Olivia."
Her heart plummeted.
"Olivia?"
"I met her in the street. She was straddling, holding a bottle with a unique horsey laugh."
Kara scrutinized his expression whilst he gazed up at the sky.
"Olivia?" Her voice reeked of jealousy.
"She has a matching pair of bunions, and her gangrene infection is a dermatologists dream." He teased.
Was he serious? She watched his strong jaw until he cracked with a smile.
"Got to love the 67 year old woman." He gave a lop sided grin.
"Dr K!" She groaned pulling his shirt until the top button popped. "You're having me on."
He turned into the High Street as is shirt fell open.
"You ripped off my buttons." He looked around for it in the dark.
"Don't worry, I'll find it." She swatted him and directed him to park in front of the cafe.
"I can't park here. It's double red lines here." He looked around for a secure place.
"I won't be long-please wait-" She promised and grabbed her bag and jumped out of the car.