Chapter 9- Midnight Oasis

Trigger Warning: Mature content. So be warned.

UNLESS you're those readers who skims the entire book to reach the sex scene. If that's your 'thang', get stuck right in. But please, don't call 786 for the haraam police, because we all know  once you've read this, you'll get stuck into The Panty Ripper.
Enjoy...... ;)

_____________________________________________________________________

"I will be waiting here....

For your silence to break,
For your soul to shake,
For your love to wake!"

Hz Maulana Rumi R.A

____________________________________________________________

Bashrat Qureshi was in complete control of his ex-wife. Her lips whispered, 'no this is right.' But it was her slackened body that gave him the signal to commandeer the night. His hand slipped down to her waist and he grabbed her tight. Mahnoor gasped with pleasure coupled with fear. Basharat licked his lips, moistening them ready to kiss her.

"I've dreamt about this moment for so long." He whispered in a low growl and spun her around from her hips. Like a claw, his hands clasped around her neck.
"Open your eyes." He instructed.
Mahnoor obeyed him.
With his left hand he grabbed a fist full of hair, tugging her head back so she looked him in the eye.
"Remember, we will always come back to this point. This room is where it began and where it ends."

Mahnoor could hear the laughter, the conversations bouncing off the walls and the warm sticky nights spent under the blanket. However, in the nucleus of the memories there was one horrific memory. She could hear her cries that turned into wails. Bleeding into the carpet. The pain. The raw memory hardened in the pit of her stomach. Every muscle in her body turned rigid. With a new found energy she shook her head free and stepped out of his arms.
"You're good at this." Her voice quivered. Her body was trembling with fear.
"Good at what?" He stepped close closing the distance.
"Good at taking advantage of me at my most vulnerable." Mahnoor scanned him assessing his moves. She wasn't going to fall into his trap. He broke her down. Made love to her and in the morning she vomited with regret. Not this time.
"The gaslighting. The hoovering. The manipulating."
Basharat stood confused.
"I know this. I teach my women to recognise the signs of emotional abuse, but when you come in front of me, my mind goes blank."
Basharat could see Mahnoor was slipping out of his fingers. He reached out to her but she pushed him back. Mahnoor's thoughts were scattered. She scratched her head. Unable to think straight.
"I won't let you do this. I won't let him do this." She assured the fading fight in her.
Basharat smirked. "You're making me sound like a murderer."
Mahnoor glared at him. How could he forget? So she grabbed the collar of her dress and yanked it with a tear revealing the scar on her neck.
"Every day I look at this and remember why I escaped. I'm alive and I bear the scars to prove my courage. You didn't kill me that day, but something inside me died that day."
"You shouldn't have left me." Basharat clenched his hands into fists. He snatched his hat off his  burning hot head.
"I deserved to be killed? Now you think you can sleep with me and everything will be okay? That I will miraculously forgive you?" She rolled her head back with a mocking laugh rousing his anger.
Basharat eyed the door. Mahnoor was standing in the doorway. He had to reach the door and shut it. Lock her in. Mahnoor couldn't do anything. He was strong. He could pin her down if she didn't submit.
"Have you forgotten our daughter?" She cried out. "The one I bled into the carpet when I tumbled down the stairs."
"I didn't push you." He pointed, his nostrils flared with rage.
"You didn't need to do. We we're arguing here." Mahnoor looked around the room. She could remember Basharat's fists punching into the wall.
"You accused me of being brazen and allowing the doctor to touch my stomach when I should have asked for a lady doctor." She remembered her swollen stomach when she was 7 months pregnant.
"Then, I fell down the steps." Mahnoor looked at the hallway, her eyes welling with tears. "You stood there-"She pointed at the door. "You stood above me and made me beg for forgiveness and only then you called the ambulance." She began to sob the memory fresh in her mind.
"But it was too late." She chocked with tears. "I lost Malaikah." She sniffed her hand to smell her daughter that she held in her arms for a brief moment. She looked like an angel. Soft. Round. Beautiful lips. It looked like she was sleeping. She was perfect. Mahnoor dried her tears. She wasn't going to show weakness. She had to be strong.
"That is the past. I'm sorry. I've changed now, Mahi!" He protested advancing towards her.
"I won't be dragged into that vicious cycle again." She growled with fury. "I won't be broken down by you." She yelled. "I will call you from what you are. Now get out!" She flung her arm towards the door.