Chapter 22: The Wedding- Part III

Thumping bass, sparkling lights, muted conversation, the wedding hall was slowly filling up with fabulously dressed guests. The lilac themed room, with three heavy chandeliers, 52 rounded tables with candles flickering, was elegantly designed for Ayaaz and Amirah's wedding. Children whizzed around through the tables, climbing onto the stage and create a nuisance of themselves. Some stared at the chocolate fountain in awe, with their eyes wide, licking their lips waiting impatiently for the moment they could bathe in the sticky sweetness whilst the waiter held the army of children back. Kashif snapped pictures of the chocolate fountain frantic for a taste.

"After food has been served." The waiter reprimanded Kashif.

With Muddasar on her hip plucking her long dangly earrings, a smartly dressed Nadiya in her lilac dress greeted the flow of guests. They all congratulated her and made polite conversation.

"Is this your son?" The hijabi clad relative smiled at Muddasar who was agitated by his waistcoat.

"Yes, my other son is making a menace of himself." Nadiya looked around but couldn't see Saadi.

"So, you have the two sons?" The woman asked.

"Yes, and my girls from my first marriage. Stop it Muddasar." She spanked his hand as he tugged her earring once again.

"MashaAllah. When is your husband coming over?"

Nadiya found it difficult to concentrate on the conversation, she scanned the room for someone to take care of her son but Sonya was still in the bridal suite.

"Imran hasn't got his visa yet. His appeal date is in September, so please do dua." Nadiya swayed with Muddasar hoping he would sleep for a couple of hours and give her respite.

"Indeed." The sympathetic woman pressed her hand on Nadiya's burdened shoulder.

"It's so hard with the boys and the wedding, it's times like this I miss him. Please take a seat inside."

"Are the tables reserved?" The woman looked around at the empty tables dressed immaculately.

"The ones close to the stage are reserved for immediate family the rest are all free."

The woman congratulated Nadiya once again and made her way inside.

"Oh my God! Have you seen your ex-husband?" Nadiya's younger sister, Shamsa, covered her mouth with her ring clad hand.

Nadiya hadn't seen Khizar. He was a ghost hiding in the shadows. Deep down she was jealous he could gallivant around the room with no responsibility. She couldn't give him her son like she would share the responsibility with her daughters. Usually at wedding, he would take the girls, outside and give Nadiya a break.

"He's wearing a royal blue jacket that can be mistaken for a groom's Sharwani-" Shamsa pressed her hands suggestively on her body teasing her ex brother in law.
"-with a daring silver embroidery design. Kabir has the same jacket but he can't pull it off like Khizar, who looks like he's dressed for his own wedding." She chuckled.

"Oh, don't go there, Shamsa. Khizar is married." Nadiya complained

"Shut up! When?" Shamsa's eyes shot upon

"I don't know. Apparently, it is a secret."

"Who is she?" Shamsa looked around the hall.

"It's all a mystery, he hasn't told anyone. Since the wedding date set I haven't seen hair nor hide of him. Too busy with his brand-new wife I presume." Nadiya snorted with contempt.

Shamsa looked around the hall with beautifully dressed woman. "Do you think she is here?" Her mind began to pair Khizar up with the young and beautiful women.