Chapter 4- Tempted to Touch

Getting up at six in the morning was a hassle, but seeing the sunrise on the beach was worth it.

At least that's what I tried to convince myself as I trudged out of bed while it was still dark outside.

I grabbed my laptop and put on some flip flops before making my way downstairs and hunting down the coffee machine that would relieve me from my fatigue. I rummaged through the cupboards, found a plain black coffee mug, and poured the bitter, hot beverage in the cup. I was never much of a coffee person, until I realized how fast it woke me up in the mornings.

I found myself in the same spot as yesterday, sitting on the porch with my laptop in my lap. The sun had just begun to perch up and my first sip of coffee made me more excited to see the view. Unfortunately, sitting in the same exact spot as yesterday reminded me of what AJ had told me before he had disappeared into the house.

Let me know when you're ready to break those rules.

I shivered like the words were haunting me. The weird thing is, I thought about it. I thought about how if I hadn't said anything, he would have kissed me. How I probably would have let him kiss wherever he wanted. For a split second, I yearned to be wanted by him. I was wanted by him. A part of me wanting to let him have me without worrying about what Sammi thinks, but that's also the same part of me that would make me a horrible friend.

Not just a horrible friend, but a shitty person. It would be selfish; which is the exact reason I refuse to lead AJ on.

I took a deep breath and opened my laptop to start writing. Surprisingly, I had actually gotten a paragraph done. I was just about to start another when I felt someone's presence behind me.

"Stalking me?" Codi smirked as I whipped around and faced him.

"Uh no. You came out here after me so technically aren't you the stalker?!" I tried to put as much attitude in my statement as I could with him standing shirtless above me.

He threw his head back and laughed, making his abs more prominent. God, why is this boy so attractive?

Suddenly, I became very aware of my physical state. I was in a big t-shirt and shorts with my bun flopping to the side of my head. I also didn't have a spot of make up on and it made me extremely self conscious. I started playing with the curls on top of my head so they would look decent.

"I always get up at this time so I can get some surfing done. No one else is usually up. Except for you city girl."

"Is that my nickname now?!"

"Yeah," he snorted. "I think it suits you well."

"I guess," I mumbled as I took another sip of my coffee.

"I see you found my mug." Of course, it would be his mug.

"Oh it's your mug? Well that just makes me want to use it even more now," I sassed him.

"You like to get my nerves huh?" I would like to get on top of you.

Wait... what? You don't mean that.

My eyes wandered back to his abs. Okay, maybe I do.

He cleared his throat. "You can't seem to keep your eyes up here huh?" He smirked while pointing to his face. My face heated up, embarrassed that he caught me checking him out.

I turned my back to him. "Whatever," I mumbled.

"Try not to stare too hard while I walk down these stairs," he teased. It seemed like every time he spoke, he found more things to say that made him sound like an asshole. "By the way," he said as he started walking towards his surf board. "You should stop messing with your hair. I like it that way."