Chapter 16- May Day

I've had sleepless nights before. Usually, they happened when I was hungry or when I was overthinking. They never happened when I was thinking about a boy and I mean never. Yet there I was, laying in bed wide awake thinking about having sex that would make my eyes roll back.

I tossed around for hours, dreaming about Codi's hands and lips rummaging through every inch of my body. Talk about wet dreams. Around five o' clock is when I finally ended up getting some rest and I slept through my entire morning writing session. I didn't end up waking until Sammi bombarded my room at 12 o' clock.

"Good morning sunshine!" she greeted me warmly. A little too warmly since I had never been a morning person.

"Go away," I groaned, turning my back to her completely. I heard footprints circle the room before a blinding bright light hit me in the face. I squinted, watching her as she opened the blinds. I placed the covers over my head, only for her to snatch them from me.

"You missed breakfast and left me alone with all those guys you bitch." I knew she wasn't really mad, she loved being the center of attention. I sat up and my eyes settled onto the mischievous grin on her face.

"You couldn't have let me sleep more?" I snapped.

She shrugged. "If you slept anymore you would miss the whole day." She rolled her eyes, a grin still plastered on her face. She was definitely hiding something.

"Tell me," I demanded.

"Jude told me about last night," she sang out. "So spill the details sis." I wasn't really in the mood to talk about last night. It was the same reason I didn't sleep well today.

"We didn't have sex," I stated. I had to avoid the details and go straight to the facts. 

"Um why not? He's obviously attracted to you. I've never seen him smile as much as he did at breakfast before." My stomach fluttered just thinking about him sitting at the table. I could imagine how sexy he would look with his messy blonde hair he always had once he came back from his morning surf. Water still clenching to his perfect chest as he- "Hello? B I asked you a question?"

I shook my head. "I think he wants to wait. I kinda do too. Sex complicates a lot of things." I sighed before admitting the truth. "But I couldn't stop thinking about having sex with him last night. That's the reason I slept in. I couldn't sleep."

She leaned in, her messy bun falling forward as she propped her elbows up on her leg.
"Tell me more."

"I don't really wanna go over details Sam. Plus I'm starving."

"There's still some waffles downstairs if you want any." I adjusted myself, then dangled my feet off the side of the bed until I found flip flops to slip into. Sammi followed me closely behind until we got to the kitchen. I tried my best to ignore her presence and quickly found the plate waffles sitting on a wide green tray, waiting for me to devour them.

"So?" she said once I found syrup to drench my waffles with. "I'm waiting."

"I'm not telling you anything else," I said with a mouthful of waffles. She rolled her eyes then leaned against the counter and waited for me to change my mind. "I'm serious."

"You're so stubborn," she mumbled. I heard the back door swing open as I finished devouring the rest of my waffle. Sammi glanced back towards the kitchen, then raised an eyebrow at me. "Your boyfriend just walked in." Shit. I glanced down at my now syrup stained large t-shirt that I had worn to sleep. In an attempt to try to not look like a mess, I shook out my hair and ran my fingers through it.

"He's not my boyfriend," I muttered.

"Whateeever you say," she winked. My heart skipped a beat as Codi appeared in the opening of the kitchen, shirtless as usual.