Chapter 6- Drunk in love

"I'm only having one shot."

That's what I told myself before downing four shots of tequila and two cups of mixed vodka and Coke. I wasn't drunk, but I sure as hell wasn't sober.

We were sitting around the table, drinking and laughing as the sun went down. Jude had put on some music, and the sound of Drake's one dance floated through the air as we were about to take shot number five.

I probably should stop now, before I transitioned from really tipsy to entirely drunk. I was having way too much fun, and even Codi was being surprisingly nice to me.

"Maybe you should slow down Brianna," Bryson laughed.

"Slow down? What's that?" I giggled as I held on to Sammi's arm. Sammi was tipsy too, but I could tell she was getting tired. I sensed she didn't want to leave me alone knowing I was under the influence with four guys I barely knew. "Sam, go to bed. I swear I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you by yourself."

"She's in good hands I promise," AJ reassured her.

"I'll walk you up Sammi," Jude offered.

"Thanks Jude, but I think I'm just gonna go straight to sleep. Goodnight guys."

"Goodnight!" We all yelled. Once Sammi was gone, I turned back to the guys.

"So shot number five?" I suggested.

Codi shook his head. "You're insane."

"Insane is my middle name Cali boy," I joked. I held up the glass and downed it fast. I felt warm and giddy and I couldn't help but be flirty from all of the alcohol. I walked around to get another glass of vodka when I overestimated the step down on the sand and fell over.

Codi grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"No more alcohol for you," he scolded.

"Oh relax I'm fine." I held on to his bicep. "Oooo so strong."

"Heyyyy, hands off my girl." AJ wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Since when is she your girl?" Codi scoffed.

"Since I decided she was." I was not in the mood to deal with them, not even in the state I was in.

"Stop fighting you're killing my mood," I pouted.

"I'm sorry," AJ apologized. "It's getting late. You should get to bed."

I crossed my arms. "I don't feel like sleeping."

"You will trust me. I'll walk you up." AJ grabbed my hand and lead me back into the house. I stared at his hand looped in mine.

"What if Sammi sees?" I whispered.

"She won't. She's asleep." I realized that Sammi was probably knocked out in her bed by now. That meant that AJ and I were almost alone in the house. Don't do anything stupid, I reminded myself. "I thought that now would be the perfect opportunity to smoke this." He pulled out a small, brown cylinder shaped object out of his pocket when we reached my room.

"Where did you get that?!"

"Jude gave me one," he grinned. "You want to?" A part of me was screaming that it was a bad idea, that I should just go to sleep. Unfortunately, that part of me was hidden under five shots of tequila.

"Yeah." I nodded. He followed in behind me. I sat on top of the bed and waited for him to join me.

"You seem nervous."