Chapter 27- Journey back to Celibacy

"Codi you will never believe..." I trailed off as I found him laying on the bed in sweatpants while scrolling through netflix on his TV. His expression was unreadable, but he still looked unbelievably attractive. The kind of attractive that made me want to forget about what I just said and to take off my clothes off and get on top of him.

"What?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Nothing it's just... you actually did what I said."

"That's surprising to you?"

"A little yes. You're usually really stubborn." I moved towards him and sat on the bed, scanning over his still shirtless body. "Thank you." I kissed him.

"Just to be clear. I still think the idea is stupid but... if it makes you happy, then we'll try. Plus you're smart so I trust you." I beamed, not even trying to hide my excitement. I turned to the screen and squinted my eyes at the selection.

"We should watch Dope. The one with ASAP Rocky. I've been dying to see it."

"Why is it because you're attracted to him?" he teased.

"That's not the reason. I heard it's a good movie." I leaned back and got comfortable. "And also he's attractive."

He eyed my face up and down as I laughed. "Alright looks like I got some competition."

I bit my lip and looked at him. "You know that's not true." I took the remote from him and pressed play. As the storyline began, I almost forgot the events that had taken place downstairs. It helped that Codi was tracing his hand up and down my thigh, so my mind was trying its hardest to focus on the movie.

"Your skin is so soft."

"Thanks it's called lotion." He chuckled, causing me to blush and awkwardly brush a piece of hair behind my hair.

"So..." he started. "What were you gonna tell me when you walked in?"

"Oh." I lowered my gaze. "Um... your dad and I had a quite uncomfortable meeting in the kitchen while I was getting our ice cream."

His hand froze against my thigh. "What do you mean?"

I continued to tell him about the conversation and the lack of space he left between us. He was quiet for a few seconds.

"He continues to amaze me with how much of a fucking dipshit he is," he spat out. I looked up, surprised to see how angry he looked. Maybe I shouldn't have told him.

"Codi I..."

"I'm never leaving you alone with him again Bri. I don't trust him. I don't want something... I mean... I need to protect you."

I nodded. I loved how protective of me he was, it made me feel safe. Still, I didn't want him to be worked up about the whole situation. We were just turning our night around.

"Don't worry about it okay? Let's not let him ruin our night." I looked into his deep blue eyes. His expression softened.

"You're right." He turned back to the TV and I leaned against him, breathing in his scent. Maybe it was just the comfort of his body against mine, but he was beginning to feel like home to me. He began to rub his fingers against my thigh again, leaving sweet, hot spots wherever he met my skin.

"Bri."

"Hmm?"

"You can relax now." He looked over at my other leg, which I was unconsciously shaking.

"Right. Sorry."

"Am I making you nervous?"

"A little yes."