Chapter 24- Arrival to the Castle

"So you're dating."

"No. No labels remember."

"But you're going to meet his family."

"Yes."

"Isn't that what couples who date do?"

"Yes but we're-"

"Dating. Y'all are dating."

I face palmed myself as the conversation Sammi and I had ran in circles. We were sitting on the back porch soaking up sun when I decided to finally tell her about the road trip Codi and I were about to take in a couple of minutes. I was trying to justify to her that meeting his family was no big deal but the more I talked about it, the more I realized how much of a big deal it really was.

"S I'll be back before you know it. It's just for the weekend. And I'm basically just there to make sure Codi doesn't do or say anything stupid. Because he really doesn't like seeing his parents."

She pulled a blunt out of the side of her bathing suit bottom and preceded to light it and take a hit.

"What? It helps me relax," she snapped.

"Don't you do yoga to relax? Since when do you need to smoke?" I obviously knew the answer was since she started sleeping with Jude, but I knew she wouldn't admit it.

She ignored both of my questions.

"My ex Johnathan called me today," she said as she exhaled smoke. My heart dropped. The love of her life Johnathan. The same Johnathan that brought her the Porsche she had waiting back at home. "He just finished college in NY. And he found a job back in GA."

"Did you tell him you're... you know off the market?"

She sighed. "Yes. But he's still begging me to get back with him." To summarize, Johnathan and Sammi dated for about a year and a half and they were a great couple until he got word that he would be going to school up in NY. They both mutually decided to the distance was too far and broke up about 4 years ago. But he was always her first love, and her only real love if I'm concerned.

"Did you tell Jude?"

"Fuck no." She shook her head. "He doesn't need to know. Trust me. It'll just make things worse." I raised a brow. Have Jude and Sammi been having problems? It would explain the conversation Jude and Bryson were having in the kitchen. "What did we get ourselves into this summer," she mumbled.

I stayed quiet, not knowing exactly what to say. I finally turned to her.

"You'll make the right choice S. You always do."

She sighed again. "Thanks B. I really hope so." She threw her head back to squint at the clouds. "So... meeting the family huh... some serious shit from a guy you used to want nothing to do with." She giggled. "You changed. I like it. And I like him for you."

I cleared my throat but said nothing, staring at the sand between my toes.

"He's totally in love with you."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"It's true. Remember how much of an asshole he was before? Now he finally says hi to me when he sees me instead of giving me the death glare."

"Ahh." I peered down through my glasses at her. "I remember the death glare." If there's one thing Codi was good at it, it was being intimating.

"Hey are you ready to go?" Speaking of the devil.

I turned and smiled. "Yes if I can put my luggage in the car."

"Already did it."

I raised my brows. "I'm impressed." I turned to Sammi. "I'm also leaving. Bye love you." I gave her a hug. She reciprocated and gave me a pouty face.