Chapter 28- Lost of Appetite

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and eggs in the morning. My eyes fluttered upwards slowly, then looked down to realize Codi's arms were still wrapped around me. I smiled to myself. One thing I'm going to hate when I get back to Georgia is sleeping in an empty bed. Sleeping with Codi made me feel comforted and cared for, something my bland full sized mattress couldn't do for me at home.

Just realizing I would have to go home soon and leave my life with Codi behind was enough to give me anxiety. I was beginning to not imagine the days without him.

"Good morning." I felt his smiling lips on the back of my neck as he continued to kiss my body.

"Morning," I murmured back.

"Stop doing that."

"Stop doing what?"

"Doing the thing that you do when you're overthinking."

I blushed. How did he know?

I turned my body to face him. "Okay. I'm stopping." I traced my hand down his arm until I reached his hand. "So what are those plans you were talking about last night?"

"If I tell you it'll spoil the surprise."

I frowned. "You and these surprises." On one hand, I loved how spontaneous Codi was. But on the other hand, I wished he would be more specific on what we were going to do so I could pick an outfit properly.

He laughed. "It'll be fun I promise." He kissed me lightly on the forehead. "We should probably get showered before they call us for breakfast."

"Yeah, you're right. Do you wanna go first?" Codi chuckled and I looked at him confused.

"Oh. You were being serious. Babe you know we shower together. We don't have time for separate showers."

"But what about our-"

"We can take showers together and without doing anything." He eyed me down, making me squirm from the contact.

"Whatever you say Cali boy." I played it off. I was starting to peel off the covers when he pulled me back to him and planted a kiss on my lips. "What was that for?"

"Just for you being you." He glanced down. He seemed nervous about something, which was a first for him. He quickly masked his facial expression with a smile. "Thank you for coming with me this weekend."

"Of course." I couldn't help but be saddened a little that he still couldn't be completely open to me. After all the time we spent together, it felt like I deserved to hear all the thoughts that went on in his gorgeous head.

I knew me thinking this was probably completely hypocritical though. I knew I had thoughts I was still hiding, but my face said it all. I just couldn't express it out loud because it would make my feelings real. That would fuck things up for the both of us. So I had to remember the last thing we needed was attachment and complications. Things were supposed to be easy for us.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice was soft and gentle when he spoke. I looked up to find his eyes flickering back and forth across my face. He was doing the same thing I was just trying to do to him.

"Nothing." I smiled. He opened his mouth to interject but I quickly changed the subject. "How about that shower though?"

"Right." He rolled out of bed, hoping to his feet before he could fall. I sat up on my knees and he pulled me by my arms quickly so I fell into him. I let out a squeak.

"That was kind of fun," I laughed.

The shower went by quickly, as we spent most of it laughing when Codi tried singing along to the songs playing on the speakers. We took our time getting dressed and I tried to ignore his countless glances as I put on leggings and a crop top. Not to say it wasn't hard watching him pull his t-shirt over his perfectly sculpted back either.