Chapter 35- Trying to Get out of the Shit Storm

After quickly getting dressed, I made my way down stairs and ran right into Jude.

"Hey how's it going?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Good... why do you seem more on edge than normal?" Fuck. So now Jude could read my facial expressions? This was bad.

"I'm not I'm just..." I looked over at the table full of waffles and different fruits.

"Bryson did it. Now that AJ's gone we pretty much got a handle on things." He smiled then quickly changed his happy expression to one of horror. "Sorry. I didn't mean to bring him up."

"It's cool," I said nonchalantly. I had other things I was worrying about- like how to effectively lie to Codi so he could stop sensing something was off with me. "Hey Jude... so I know I don't ask this normally but... do you have anything that can calm nerves? Something for anxiety."

He nodded. "I got a pretty good indica strand right now. I can lend you a gram if you'd like?" he offered.

"That would be amazing thank you!" I exclaimed. "How soon can you get it? And can you put it in one of those... uh..."

"I'll give you a pre-rolled blunt. It's on me." He gave me a warm smile. It was the happiest I'd seen him since Sammi left.

Speaking of Sammi, I needed to call her as soon as possible.

"You're the best," I thanked him as we sat down at the table. Bryson shortly walked in after and we exchanged good mornings.

"And then there were four," Bryson said jokingly. I had never really exchanged more than a few words with him. I figured he was shy, but maybe it was just a matter of us getting used to each other.

"Well there's actually only three right now." I giggled.

Bryson smiled and nodded towards the stairs. "Now there's four." In that moment, it felt like my heart sunk to feet. I couldn't move. Not even to turn around and look at him.

"Good morning dumb ass," Jude greeted Codi with a waffle in his mouth.

"Didn't anyone tell you not to chew and talk at the same time?" Codi growled.

"You know he never listens," Bryson sighed and shook his head. "He was dropped on his head as a baby."

"Hey!" Jude threw a strawberry at Bryson, who caught it with his mouth.

"Lucky catch," I chimed in.

"Luck has nothing do with it." Bryson raised his brows. "It's the years of skill work." Jude rolled his eyes.

"I taught you everything you know!" Jude shouted at Bryson.

"Since when?!" Bryson exclaimed. While the two of them argued, I felt Codi slip in to the chair beside me and my breath sharpened. I was in no way prepared for this.

"So you're ignoring me now?" Codi whispered while placing a hand on the small of my back.

"I'm not ignoring you." I finally turned to so I could see his face, which was probably the worst mistake I had ever made. He didn't just smell like heaven, he looked like it to.

"Then are you gonna tell me what that was about upstairs?" he asked. I stayed silent for a few seconds. He let out a sigh. "Now I see why you got so annoyed when I ignored you. I deserve that." He didn't. That's what made the situation harder. I needed to think of something fast.

"I just..." I started.

"What are you two wearing to the party tonight?" Jude asked while cocking his head to look at us. I was super thankful for him right now.